Complaint Review: Convergent Outsourcing, Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, July 04, 2014
  • Updated: Fri, July 04, 2014

• Reported By: Bluesky — California
Convergent Outsourcing, Inc.
800 SW 39th Street/PO Box 9004 Renton, Washington USA

Convergent Outsourcing, Inc. Convergent, Jefferson Capital Systems, LLC A collection from HSBC Bank which I have, nor had a account with HSBC. They're trying to collect $2,200.39 of which I have no idea what this is. Renton Washington

*General Comment: Jefferson Capital Systems are bottom feeders.

*Consumer Suggestion: File a complaint with the California Attorney General

Convergent also known as Convergent Outsourcing, Inc. and Jefferson Capital Systems, LLC.  They're trying collect an eronious debt in the amount of $2,200.13 claiming it is an HSBC account.  I don't have, nor did I ever have and HSBC credit card, loan or bank account.  They're now offering me to settle for $1,100.20.  I believe they make these collections up thinking someone is ignorant enough to pay them.  They should be investigated for fraud.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2014 05:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Convergent-Outsourcing-Inc/Renton-Washington-98057/Convergent-Outsourcing-Inc-Convergent-Jefferson-Capital-Systems-LLC-A-collection-from-1159647. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Convergent Outsourcing, Inc.

#1 General Comment

Jefferson Capital Systems are bottom feeders.

AUTHOR: Graham WA - ()

I know exactly how you feel about this bottom feeding a lying company.  Yesterday I got a letter from them saying I owed a $1240 debt so I contacted them and was told that I had to pay it or agree a repayment plan right away or it would go on my credit report as a negative account that is in collections.  I said to the forceful woman who wouldn't give me her name and told her I'll check my reports and call back.

Upon checking my reports I found they had already reported it as a collection account at Experian and Equifax as a debt from 1969 and trying to get me to pay for a supposed bank debt that I took out when I was only 12 years old and living in the UK lol.

So I phoned back and this time got a man who again wouldn't give me his name and explained all of what I had found out.  His reply was "we don't make mistakes like that and it's just you lying to try to wriggle out of a valid debt"  I then asked why they were trying to report a debt from 1969 as a new debt in collection on my credit report and he just hung up on me after telling me "you'll be the one who suffers from lying to us"!!

I have disputed both entries on my credit reports and I'll update this once I get an answer from the credit agencies.  But as I included proof of my age and location back in 1969 I expect they will vanish in short order.

I expected to be dealing with a company that would work with me to rectify a mistake of their making but it seems that all they are interested in is getting money from you at any cost even when you can prove them wrong!!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

File a complaint with the California Attorney General

AUTHOR: FrankCostello - ()

File a complaint with the California Attorney General who will follow up with Jefferson Capital Systems.  Let the California Attorney General know of the illegality of Jefferson Capital Systems actions.