• Report: #1120119

• Updated: Sat, February 01, 2014

• Reported By: Dee — Macungie Pennsylvania
Convergent
10750 Hammerly Blvd #200, Houston, Texas USA

Convergent Vultures Strike Again With Galaxy Portfolios Trying to collect a "debt" that no longer exists! Houston Texas

Phone calls to my mother's phone began about two weeks ago.  Never any info given, just a number to call.  I routinely ignore such calls because of all the scams that are perpetrated.  I have no idea where they got her phone number, because we never give the number to anyone and never answer her phone.  The messages were all for my husband.

Two days ago I received what I assume will be the first of numerous letters in an attempt to collect a debt which no longer exists. My husband declared chapter-11  in 1999 and I believe this claim stems from that time (based on what they claim we owe). All the debts from his exwife were settled with that filing.

I had never heard of Galaxy Porfolios, and no where in their correspondence do they indicate exactly where the alleged debt comes from.  Obviously they purchase outdated accounts and try to collect on them, which is probably why they say they'll accept 10% of the amount .

It's difficult enough to rebuild credit after having to declare a bankruptcy; to have these vultures come after you when it's dropped off all the credit reports makes you relive the entire awful experience.  I wish they could all be put out of business!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2014 12:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Convergent/Houston-Texas/Convergent-Vultures-Strike-Again-With-Galaxy-Portfolios-Trying-to-collect-a-debt-that-n-1120119. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Convergent