Complaint Review: Cooking Pleasures

• Reported By: scarlett — Denton Texas United States of America
Cooking Pleasures
, Minnesota United States of America

Cooking Pleasures THIS COMPANY IS DEFINITELY A SCAM!!!! Unknown City, Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: Definitely NOT a scam.

It is a scam!!! Cooking Pleasures is nothing but a ripoff to get people's bank account information. My husband is not the most technologically savvy person, so when he saw a free knife  with only $8.95 s&h, he ordered it without asking my thoughts on the subject first. (PS--another site is offering the same knife for only $3.00 shipping and handling. While still another has it for only $1.00) While he did get the knife he DID NOT agree to any further shipments being made. I saw that some of the other persons had pointed out that on the WEBSITE you have to click a box agreeing to the monthly shipments. He did NOT do that. He clicked on an advertisement, he never went to the actually website. My husband is a total tightwad, no way would he pay $88 for a knife....However.....Today he received a cheap, China-made knife and a BROKEN knife rack...and a bill on his credit card for $88.94. I was (and still am) furious. I started doing my research and discovered that not ONLY does this company scam you, when you finally DO contact them they refuse to refund your money (or remove you from the monthly program) for EIGHT WEEKS. Which means in the time you're waiting for your money back from the original unwanted purchase, you'll most likely be billed for two more unwanted items and the cycle will continue. My recommendation: If you have gotten sucked into this you need to notify the Better Business Bureau as well as Your State's Attorney General's office. This company has been in business, it seems, for quite some time, and I think they've made enough off of unassuming customers. Time for them to get what they deserve: A good dose of being SHUT DOWN!!!!!!

I searched the BBB and couldn't find a single consumer complaint about Cooking Pleasures. Now that I know the company is in Minnesota you'd better believe there will be at least one complaint! My husband's bank was able to stop any further charges but as far as getting his money back they told him they've had issues with this company before and it is unlikely he'll see the money again. In fact I read somewhere that Cooking Pleasures, when they finally do give a refund, will only refund you one-third of what you paid saying that either the items were opened OR broken before they were returned. So really you're best to take it as a hard lesson, keep the crappy knife and write a blistering complaint everywhere you can. Which is precisely what I plan to do!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2012 02:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cooking-Pleasures/-Minnesota-/Cooking-Pleasures-THIS-COMPANY-IS-DEFINITELY-A-SCAM-Unknown-City-Minnesota-979197. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cooking Pleasures

Definitely NOT a scam.

AUTHOR: Btrflygrl18 - ()

I also signed up for and recieved my free knife (with the $8.95 shipping and handling.) I don't believe that there really wasn't a checkbox that needed to be clicked agreeing to monthly shipments, as opposed to it being checked without being read. However if that IS true then that is a serious problem with whatever website you were on and not the actual company or the actual company's website.

Furthermore, even if you had missed that or it was concealed from you; the free sample packages include documentation restating that if you don't cancel within 30 days they will continue billing and sending stuff.

I don't know about the refund policy since I canceled my account before I got that far, but it doesn't seem unreasonable for there to be a delay with a refund.

Also not sure about them "refusing to remove you fro the program." My experience with them was extremely pleasant and took no more than 60 seconds of talking with them to get removed. Maybe you were unlucky and had just gotten a new employee who didn't understand what they were doing?

But the company and the offer itself is not a scam.