Complaint Review: Cool Air USA

• Updated: Wed, March 14, 2012

• Reported By: lady_d — Deerfield Beach Florida United States of America
Cool Air USA
4151 SW 47th Ave Ste 2B Davie, Florida United States of America

Cool Air USA Overcharged me for a "repair" in which they had to come back 2 weeks later because the ac went out again. Told me I need a new unit Davie, Florida

Cool Air came out on Feb 28, 2012 to repair a freon leak. I was told by Tony, one of the repair man,that it would cost me anywhere from $500-800 for the repair because they have to find where the leak was coming from, I agreed to that price range. After looking at the unit with a flashlight, the price went up to $1000. Not sure how they came to jack up the price just by using a flashlight. I tried to get the price down as much as possible because I thought the price was too steep.  Tony agreed to drop the price to $950. I still wasn't happy with that price, being hot and frustrated all I needed and wanted was for my ac to be repaired.

The whole time Tony was joking, playing around while his partner was doing the job. I thought to myself, am I paying for entertainment? Very unprofessional! In less than an hour, they told me the job was completed. I said to them, "I'm paying you $950 for a job done in less than 1 hour"?! I asked to at least show me where the leak was. He had a surprised look on his face, seemingly not expecting me to ask that question. So he looked around at the outside ac unit for a few moments and just pointed to any area of the unit. He told me that I was paying not so much for the service, but for the knowledge. I was stunned. I paid the $950, not that I felt the job was worth it, but because my kids and I had a working ac, so I thought.

Two weeks later, the ac was no longer blowing cool air. I called and spoke to the mgr, Adam and told him the unit was no longer blowing cool air and after paying so much money I shouldn't be having an issue already, especially the same issue. They sent someone out to look at the unit that same day. The person who came out found the actual leak in less than 5 minutes! He told me there's your leak right here. There was a leak in the king valve which Albert the repair guy, didn't have with him. I called Adam right away to see if they would take the $950 that I paid to put towards a new unit and pay the difference. Adam told me no, but will put 50% of the money I paid towards a new unit, which he gave ridiculously high prices on. I demanded to speak with his mgr, but he rudely told me he is the mgr and the person above him is the owner.

Still I wanted to speak to someone else. After about 5 minutes on hold, I was speaking to someone by the name Maurice who had the same tone and answer that Adam displayed, so I knew this wasn't good. I told him I don't have money to just throw away like that. He told me he'll order a king valve which I have to pay for and will take a couple of days to arrive or I could go with 50% of the money I paid towards a new unit. I went with the ordering of the king valve because I don't have money to throw away. In today's economy, customer service should be top priority. I felt I was taken advantage. Neither Adam or Maurice was willing to satisfy me, the customer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2012 08:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cool-Air-USA/Davie-Florida-33314/Cool-Air-USA-Overcharged-me-for-a-repair-in-which-they-had-to-come-back-2-weeks-later-b-854053. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cool Air USA