Complaint Review: Cool Air USA

• Reported By: simona — MIAMI Florida
Cool Air USA
Internet USA

Cool Air USA Dishonest... Do Not Use Them. MIAMI FL

I am taking this company to court to have them pay for a new air conditioner install. They were called to my home for air duct cleaning only. ($35. special).  long story short , they found all sorts of things wrong with BOTH my A/C's both inside and outside. They were and I quote, "air conditioning specialists, it's what we do." I bought their story. So duct cleaning was 10 minutes, big loud machine stuck to one vent only and 'poof' done. I asked him "is that it?" because I've never had this done before.

Didn't seem right. So now  blow torches and coil removing and pipe cutting and going outside and unscrewing panels, and  instruments on both units I had to leave to pick up my kid from school and  i signed the work order so they could just leave in case they finished before i got back. They told me the units would run like NEW!  So from 10:30 am - 2:00 pm. still at my location.  I was surprised because I was told it would take  2 hours total.

At about 4pm I had to pick up second child from school and I told them "don't leave until I get back."  I was not happy.  At 4:20 pm when I returned I was told there was a problem, they couldn't start my A/C unit.  My heart sank because I was quoted on top of the $1500.00 invoice, another $1987.00 for a new unit . So in total my fee would have been $3487.00. (And they were origionally at my home for a $35. service.) My A/C wasn't broken to begin with!

I told them "you better fix it!"  so another whole hour and a half and still nothing, finally my husband came home 5:30 pm and flipped his lid told them to leave don't touch the A/C unit or his property again.  And they left with the signed invoice $$$ from 1;45 pm, and tried to collect money claiming they'd finished the job. but I'd cancelled the transaction. no way u get paid for breaking my property.  now we're suing in court.  it shows they are salesmen,  and prey on those that don't know better, a mistake I hope no-one else makes.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2014 08:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cool-Air-USA/internet/Cool-Air-USA-Dishonest-Do-Not-Use-Them-MIAMI-FL-1139262. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cool Air USA