Complaint Review: Cool Handle

• Updated: Sun, June 23, 2013

• Reported By: Sarah — Other
Cool Handle
Internet USA

Cool Handle They told me my website and domain were set up about 9 days ago but neither of them exist Internet

*Author of original report: Still haven't heard back from cool handle

*Author of original report: Another email sent to cool handle 8th July

*Author of original report: Response to cool handle.

*UPDATE Employee: We would like to help

I purchased 6 months of web hosting on the 11th june. I was meant to get a free domain so all-in-all it was 119 dollars. when I put my credit card through it turned out they charged me extra for the domain. I let it go thinking it didnt really matter. so altogethr it was 136

a few days later they told me my website build was ready but might take 72 hours which was grand. they gave me the URL it was on(which was the domain i had purchased with them too). after 72 hours I emailed them to say the URL was returning an error and what should i do.

they responded saying they would like to help but were wondering what my query was. however after I explained it to them again they didnt get back. its been 3 days now since that last email.

I decided I wanted to cancel my account with them which i did yesterday. I got an automated response so far. But apparently your account is not canceled until somebody gets in touch.

I have decided to go with a new hosting company with good customer service. As i was talking on a live chat with a new company I asked them about my new domain name (the one cool handle created for me). They said this has not been registered.

I would like to register this domain name again with a new company and get a refund for the domain from cool handle but apparently they don't give refunds on the domain name creation. But surely they will have to in this case as they havent even registered it for me in the first place. I should be entitled to a refund as they did not provide the service that they had stated they would?

Sarah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2013 09:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cool-Handle/internet/Cool-Handle-They-told-me-my-website-and-domain-were-set-up-about-9-days-ago-but-neither-o-1061418. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cool Handle

Still haven't heard back from cool handle

AUTHOR: Sarah - ()

I just wanted to update this report to say I still haven't heard a reply from cool handle.

Kind Regards,

Another email sent to cool handle 8th July

I also sent the folllowing email on the 8th of july but got no response yet:

.......................................................................

Hi Adam

Just reminding you that you agreed to cancel my account on the 24th June. And as I requested the cancelation within 30 days of purchasing with cool handle I therefore am entitled to a refund. Thank you for your co-operation. Also as I was unsatisfied by your domain service, (The fact it was never registered even though you claimed it was-please read mail above) as a dissatisfied customer I would like a refund for the domain registration too.

Response to cool handle.

AUTHOR: Sarah - ()

My email address is (((redacted)))

I received an email from cool handle on 24th June after I Requested cancelation. The email is as follows:

Sarah,

When placing your order, you tried to register a domain that is already taken. We can register a new one for you to use for you hosting account.

We are sorry that you wish to cancel.

We see that you are using a software to do Internet marketing.  We know that sometimes people get discouraged or frustrated with some Internet marketing software during the initial phase of their efforts.

We encourage you to stay with the program and allow it to really grow.  In many cases, your Internet marketing efforts need time to establish themselves and if you do not give it enough time, you are simply cutting yourself short. Internet marketing is almost never an overnight success and due to various search engines and other tactics, it takes time to see success with your marketing efforts.

Please let us know if you still will like to stay with the program or continue with the termination. If we do not hear back from you, we will consider that you would like to continue this service.

Adam R.
Cool Handle

and my reply on June 25th was the following:

Hi Adam.

Actually the domain was not taken when i registered it with you on the 11th June. I only registered it with hostgator yesterday on the 23rd of June when they told me it was still available as you hadn't registered  it. Even though i received an email from cool handle on the 11 june saying my domain was purchased successfully and on the 13the June I received an email from cool handle to say my website build was complete and my website could be found at the following URL
http://www.example.com which it could not. And I was contacting support for about 8-10 days after and they hadnt yet had an answer for me so i decided to cancel my hosting account and register with hostgator.

Actually I'm quite happy with the internet software thank you. I know it takes time to succeed.

Yes, I would still like to continue with the termination of my cool handle hosting account and the refund.

I will await your reply about my refund.

Kind Regards,

Sarah
.........................................................................................
Note I have replaced my real domain with http://www.example.com for privacy :)

I have not heard from them since about my refund but I'm sure they will get back to me

Regards,

We would like to help

AUTHOR: Adam R. - ()

Sarah,

Based on the information in your complaint, we are unable to locate you account in our database. We kindly ask that you respond with at least 1 of the following items:

- Main domain name associated with your account
- Main email address on your account
- Any invoice ID for your account

Once we receive this information, we can review your account and continue with your request.

Coolhandle.com