Complaint Review: Cool Rides of Colorado Springs

• Updated: Tue, November 13, 2012

• Reported By: Brian — Colorado Springs Colorado United States of America
Cool Rides of Colorado Springs
211 W Motor Way Internet United States of America

Cool Rides of Colorado Springs Brian Binkley Sold defective vehicle, refused to fix, lied about passing inspection Internet

Here is what happened:

I bought a car from Cool Rides several months ago. I was told by Brian over and over what a great car it is, how it passed inspection. Etc, etc.  Within 24 hours it started leaking oil bad, I called and wanted to bring the car back for either a refund or trade for something else. They wouldn't do that but they had me take it to their mechanic. When I went there, you could see all the bad cars they patch up and sell. So the mechanic fixed the oil leak but said he wasn't sure if all the leaks were stopped. A few days later it started leaking oil again, so I called again. They said take it back to their mechanic and if he couldnt fix it then we could work out a trade. Also Brian stated that they car I bought was never inspected. He "thought" it was.  So I drove back to the mechanic, btw he is not even a licensed mechanic. Just some shop in a dilapidated building. A few hours later, the mechanic called me and said that cool rides informed him to tell me I was on my own and cool rides would not pay for the repair work. So they stuck me with the bill. Besides that, I put almost $2000 in the car for bad brakes, shocks, air system was shot, tires, etc. I filed a complaint with the BBB and cool rides would not respond to the complaint.

Since filing my complaint Brian has done nothing but insulted and ridiculed me. Example, "How did that state thing work out for you?" referring to a complaint I filed with the state.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2012 04:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cool-Rides-of-Colorado-Springs/internet/Cool-Rides-of-Colorado-Springs-Brian-Binkley-Sold-defective-vehicle-refused-to-fix-lied-949304. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cool Rides of Colorado Springs