Complaint Review: Cooltan

• Updated: Sat, April 06, 2013

• Reported By: Billal — Chalmette Louisiana
Cooltan
Shingle Springs, California United States of America

Cooltan Coolware Co Terrible product and Non-Existent Customer Care Shingle Springs, California

*Author of original report: Ehhhh... Rebuttal sounds fake to me...

*Consumer Comment: Have Always Had Great Service From Cooltan, Disagree With This Completely!

What a great idea?! Clothes you can tan through! Well, don't let yourself get too excited. You can tan through them bc they are sheer and non-existent.

You can completely see through them. Here is a YouTube video someone posted about the shorts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDohSnZV7Ew

All in all, I can safely say, don't buy it. NOT recommended.

Terrible customer service. I returned it and never got a refund, and they never returned my emails. Had to open a claim with American Express to get a refund.

DO NOT BUY!!

BUYER BEWARE

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2013 12:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cooltan/Shingle-Springs-California-95682/Cooltan-Coolware-Co-Terrible-product-and-Non-Existent-Customer-Care-Shingle-Springs-Calif-1041134. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cooltan

Ehhhh... Rebuttal sounds fake to me...

AUTHOR: BillJaber - ()

I filed with ripoff report in April of this year after having also put up a report on resellerratings.com.

Reseller Rating's listing for Cool Tan suddenly gets a 5-star review yesterday by someone:

July 16, 2013

"I have been buying Cooltan suits for several years now, and I absolutely love them! They work great, and are amazing quality for the price. Cooltan as a company has been fantastic- they offer discounts for old customers, have easy exchange/return services, offer free shipping with the purchase of 2 or more items, and never spam my inbox with constant e-mails. I'd highly recommended Cooltan products."

-valerie.demarco

This is Valerie Demarco's first and only review.

And now here we are the following day (July 17, 2013) and there is a glowing report by deidredulong...

They also talk about very similar things as well as make comments that just sound real fake...

"are on almost every social media site so are easy to find"

"and never spam my inbox with constant e-mails"

"Also, for the suits/shirts to tan through completely evenly with the rest of your body, you do have to apply sunscreen to the parts of your body not covered by fabric"

Just odd things for a random customer of the company posting.

I believe they are both fakes, and I will continue to avoid this company. And so should you.

Have Always Had Great Service From Cooltan, Disagree With This Completely!

AUTHOR: deidredulong - ()

In response to this ripoff report, I completely disagree. My husband and I have been buying Cooltan suits and shirts for about 3 years now, and I have never had any issues with them! On the contrary, I have always had fantastic customer service, fast shipping, easy returns the 1 time I needed to do so, and the suits and shirts have always tanned through just like they say they do. Cooltan offers discounts for returning customers, free shipping, have sales fairly regularly, and are on almost every social media site so are easy to find. I think that the customer who posted the rip off report, if they are telling the truth, must be a rare exception to the normally fantastic service that Cooltan seems to offer. Also, for the suits/shirts to tan through completely evenly with the rest of your body, you do have to apply sunscreen to the parts of your body not covered by fabric. Obviously, even though the suits are very lightweight they are still an extra layer on your skin and therefore won't tan as fast as the rest of your body. Cooltan is a company that has fulfilled all my customer service needs, and I will continue to buy from them. Do not believe 1 customers angry rant about this company! Also, as far as the 1 Youtube Review goes, here are 3 more youtube reviews about Cooltan from customers who are completely satisfied: