Complaint Review: Cooltan

• Submitted: Sat, November 12, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, November 16, 2011

• Reported By: Zak — Richmond Hill Ontario Canada
Cooltan

Cooltan Tan-Through Shirts and Swimwear They sent a shirt that wasn't sewn at the seams and IGNORED my repeated complaints! Internet, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Have Always Had Great Service From Cooltan, Disagree With This Completely!

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Representative

I ordered a tan-through shirt ($35) and tan-through swim shorts ($37) in July and received them in August. I packed them in my suitcase for my trip to Cuba after trying them on to check their fit. When I arrived at my resort, I put on the shirt and noticed that a large part of the seam under one arm wasn't sewn at all - there was no stitching.

When I returned home, I wrote the company on their "Comments and Complaints" email address from my order confirmation message and it was IGNORED. As I am returning to Cuba in December, I wrote the company again as I would have liked to place a second order IF they addressed my complaint somehow, but it was ignored AGAIN.

I am writing this complaint here so that other potential customers won't have their trip partially ruined by depending on this company for any merchandise, and I wish someone else had written in before I purchased my products, as I always check here BEFORE buying from a new company.

Thanks for posting this consumer alert.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2011 08:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cooltan/internet/Cooltan-Tan-Through-Shirts-and-Swimwear-They-sent-a-shirt-that-wasnt-sewn-at-the-seams-an-797431. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cooltan

Have Always Had Great Service From Cooltan, Disagree With This Completely!

AUTHOR: deidredulong - ()

In response to this ripoff report, I completely disagree. My husband and I have been buying Cooltan suits and shirts for about 3 years now, and I have never had any issues with them! On the contrary, I have always had fantastic customer service, fast shipping, easy returns the 1 time I needed to do so, and the suits and shirts have always tanned through just like they say they do. Cooltan offers discounts for returning customers, free shipping, have sales fairly regularly, and are on almost every social media site so are easy to find. I think that the customer who posted the rip off report, if they are telling the truth, must be a rare exception to the normally fantastic service that Cooltan seems to offer. Also, for the suits/shirts to tan through completely evenly with the rest of your body, you do have to apply sunscreen to the parts of your body not covered by fabric. Obviously, even though the suits are very lightweight they are still an extra layer on your skin and therefore won't tan as fast as the rest of your body. Cooltan is a company that has fulfilled all my customer service needs, and I will continue to buy from them. Do not believe 1 customers angry rant about this company! Also, here are 3 youtube reviews about Cooltan from customers who are completely satisfied:

Customer Representative

AUTHOR: Coolware Rep - (United States of America)

I was devastated to see this. Its my job to make sure our customers are completely satisfied with their purchases and our products. We do have a very liberal return policy that allows customers to return their purchases for any reason.

Customer satisfaction is very important to us and I want to make sure I respond to all inquiries.

Sincerely,