Complaint Review: Copart

• Reported By: James — McCall Idaho United States of America
Copart
4665 Business Center Dr. Fairfield, California United States of America

Copart USA Copart dishonest, immoral, criminals! Fairfield, California

I bought a car from Copart in Boise ID, the body was perfect. When I went to pick it up, the idiot on the forklift had broken off the front license plate holder ($45), and scratched/dented the bumper, as well as torn things up on the underside. I mentioned it to the counterwoman (who was rude from the beginning) and her reply was "Cars get moved around  a lot here."

I dropped it. I bid on another car months later, was high bidder but did not meet reseve, so I bought a different car.

A month or two later I put down $150 in deposits for bidding on different items, and noticed a bit later that the deposits were gone, no longer in my account and not refunded. I just found out today that they took my deposits as a "relisting fee" for the vehicle that I had bid on, that even though it did not meet reserve, the seller accepted my bid anyway, I did not pay (Did not know I won, as I did not meet reserve.) and that my deposits were taken for the relisting fee, and that it was all in the terms and conditions. The "winning bid" was $425. The "relisting fee" was $400, and they now claim that I owe them the rest of the $400.

Copart is the shadiest business I have ever dealt with, and something needs to be done about it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2012 05:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Copart/Fairfield-California-94534/Copart-USA-Copart-dishonest-immoral-criminals-Fairfield-California-849714. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Copart