• Report: #203397

• Submitted: Fri, July 28, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, September 19, 2006

• Reported By:Brooklyn New York
Copeland Marketing Corporation
1468 W. International Speedway Blvd. Daytona Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Copeland Marketing Corporation ripoff All they Market is a bunch of LIES and silly me fell for it Daytona Beach Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Hi "Vicky"

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: No , they purchased a lie!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: You Purchased Advertising

I was contacted by someone from Copeland Marketing name Destiny in August of 2005. I told her that I wanted to sell my timeshare. She gave a real good sales pitch, telling me about the company, how they were members of the BBB and had a good rating. I gave her information about my timeshare and she told me that it could be sold for $16,000.

I was also told that they get paid by commission (5%)and the $299.00 that I did pay for was for the advertising and would be refunded back to me when the timeshare was sold. Anyhow silly me fell for everything, but I thought they were legit because i did check out the company.

After I paid the $299.00 I never heard from destiny again. I always call and get a receptionist giving me excuses about her just stepping out or she will call me back. Never happened. I was also told that I just have to keep calling to get a update . At first I thought that was just the process ( Stupid me) but all thst time I was just being told lie after lie. From my timeshare going into a auction to another team is helpng Destiny get it sold,to people being interested but their credit report not being good and I fell for it.

It wasn't till a couple of weeks ago that I decided to check out some other timeshare companies on this site and something told me to check Copeland marketing again and low and behold there they were. I immediately called them to see if I could get a refund . but I was told no . I tried to speak to the owner of copeland but the "new" receptionist just forward me to a voicemail. I just called today again and I spoke to another "new " rep and was told the same thing . I even asked for Destiny and was told that she no longer works there.

I feel embarressed and used because they played me for a fool. I am willing to also participate in a group lawsuit if possible. I did contact the Attornry General, but whether or not they will take action is hard to say.We need to stand together and fight this before tons of other people get scammed as well.

Bless you Vicky for standing up and telling the truth. That was not easy to do.

Please someone contact me if they hear anything.

Juelle
Brooklyn, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2006 01:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Copeland-Marketing-Corporation/Daytona-Beach-Florida-32114/Copeland-Marketing-Corporation-ripoff-All-they-Market-is-a-bunch-of-LIES-and-silly-me-fell-203397. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Copeland Marketing Corporation

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Hi "Vicky"

AUTHOR: Andrea - (U.S.A.)

Lee,
How do you think you know what Destiny said to this particular client, we provide a script that is approved by the state. We heavily monitor our represenatives. I'll provide the BBB with information when I'm good and ready. You have committed major criminal felonies. You WILL go to jail. I suggest that you take the ridiculas grin off your face and get ready to hang out with some really nice men. I find you to be a pathetic individual. If you think CMC ripps people off, why did work for us for 2 years? I'm so sorry that you and your disbarred mother were involved in a gas leak accident. I actually felt pity for you but now I'm sending the police to your door. So sorry about the typos. You have created a war. Maybe I should have had my grandfather who is professor at Harvard spell check my response. Get a life loser. The end of this matter is very near.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

No , they purchased a lie!

AUTHOR: Vicky - (U.S.A.)

They gave their $299.00, which to many of us is not so "measly", and received nothing in return whatsoever! Okay Andrea, show us an advertisement of this timeshare! Show PROOF of marketing that exceeds the $299.00! Destiny promised them that their timeshare would be presented on a "Face to Face" Basis! She claimed that she would be the one presenting the timeshare and earning the commission. Now you say she has nothing to do with the "markeitng" campaign as a "means" to find a buyer.

If you are "Happy" and willing to show Proof of marketing that exceeds the $299.00 to this buyer, why do you not show that PROOF to the Better Business Bureau, which indicates that they asked you for that PROOF, and that you have not responded? How can you as one of the company owners not know how to spell the word "advertising" or "representative" or "means"..?

Vicky

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

You Purchased Advertising

AUTHOR: Andrea - (U.S.A.)

You purchased 12 months of advetising for a measly $299.00. Destiny, a representitive who briefly worked for CMC has nothing to do with the markeitng campaign you purchased as a meens to find a buyer or renter for your vacation property. Perhaps you've been contacted by other corporations who have told you to post a complaint. Best of luck to you in dealing with any other company. I will be happy to provide you with proof of marketing that exceeds the the $299.00 you paid for advertising. If you are still within the 12 mont period, you may renew your marketing at no cost.

shipping