Complaint Review: Copeland Marketing - James Ohlin

• Submitted: Fri, September 07, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, January 30, 2009

• Reported By:Lampasas Texas
Copeland Marketing - James Ohlin
1468 International Speedway Blvd Daytona Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Copeland Marketing - James Ohlin Lied about having buyers for my timeshares Daytona Beach Florida

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Copleland ripped you off not me.

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: I was doing my job.

I was contacted by James Ohlin of Copeland Marketing Corp. He stated he had buyers for my 3 Timeshares if I wanted to sell. I did. He asked for the money upfront and claimed I would have an offer in the mail within a few days. I never heard from Copeland again.

He then had the nerve to call me again after leaving Copeland and going with another firm. Again he said he had buyers and wanted money. I told him if he had active buyers then they could pay the fees and I would be happy to deduct them from my sales price. Of course, that never happened. I heard from his new boss that he should not have claimed to have immediate buyers and that he had been reprimanded.

I've not heard from Mr. Ohlin or either company since.

Today, (Sep 7,2007) is the first time I've heard of the suit, etc. against Copeland Marketing Corp. I guess I'm just out all my money.

Fred
Lampasas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2007 08:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Copeland-Marketing-James-Ohlin/Daytona-Beach-Florida-32114/Copeland-Marketing-James-Ohlin-Lied-about-having-buyers-for-my-timeshares-Daytona-Beach-1033626. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Copeland Marketing - James Ohlin

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Copleland ripped you off not me.

AUTHOR: James Ohlin - (U.S.A.)

I was told to read a script when I worked there, once I found out they were lying I quit, so I am sorry they did that but it is not my fault.
James

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

I was doing my job.

AUTHOR: James Ohlin - (U.S.A.)

When I worked at Copeland I was instruced to read a script and that is all I did. If copeland did not do their job in selling your timeshare then why blame me, I was just doing as instructed. They gave me a script and I read it. I think the one to blame is Copeland, because once i found out they were lying I quit. SO please take it up with them.
James