Complaint Review: Copeland Marketing

• Submitted: Tue, January 16, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, January 19, 2007

• Reported By:Boca Raton Florida
Copeland Marketing
1470 International Speedway, Daytona Beach, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-269-0134
  • Web:
  • Category: Realtors

Copeland Marketing Uses High Pressure Sales and Misrepresentation to Force Contract Daytona Beach Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Attorney General Orders Refunds!

I received a call from a very high pressure sales man named rick Bridgs who also worked with Robin Failla to convince me that they would represent me with face to face sales of my timeshare and with six months have "a check in hand" of $32,000 net. I was very hesitant and was then told they would reduce their commission of ten pecent down to six percent if it wasn't sold in 60 days plus offer an 8 day 7 night cruise vacation. Supposedly they gave me a reduced price of $500 for this contract. They also charged me $200 to handle the rental of this property.

I contacted them many times only to be told they had presented my property many times and that there was always another big event in Daytona when this would surely sell. There has never been a live candidate to buy even after the asking price was reduced.

I said I wanted my money back but they could not return it because we had a signed contract.
Rick Bridges assured me on the first call that he would personally represent my property but any time I asked to speak with him, I was handed off to someone else. I've had several unreturned calls.

Linda
Boca Raton, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2007 10:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Copeland-Marketing/Daytona-Beach-Florida-32114/Copeland-Marketing-Uses-High-Pressure-Sales-and-Misrepresentation-to-Force-Contract-Dayton-230810. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Copeland Marketing

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Attorney General Orders Refunds!

AUTHOR: Vicky - (U.S.A.)

Dear Linda,

The Attorney General of Florida has conducted it's investigation of Copeland Marketing A.K.A. CMC Vacation Properties A.K.A. Elite Vacation Marketing, and has ordered refunds for ALL claimants that submit a complaint by May 07!

A copy of this agreement made between Copeland Marketing and the Florida Attorney general can be found at

There are many sources of help available to you including a Yahoo group where victims are getting together to help each other and discuss their experiences.

My best recommendation to you is to go to the Florida Attorney General's website and fill out a complaint form and request your refund! I would suggest this action for everyone that has filed a complaint here at the Rip Off Report, and anyone else that has been scammed by this company.

Sincerely,