Complaint Review: Copeland Marketing

• Submitted: Fri, May 25, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, July 11, 2007

• Reported By:Williams Arizona
Copeland Marketing
1470 W. International Speedway Blvd. Daytona Beach, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-269-0143
  • Web:
  • Category: Realtors

Copeland Marketing ripoff dishonest unreliable Daytona Beach Florida

*Consumer Comment: Keep trying and you will succeed

*Consumer Comment: You can get a refund from them but you have to do it by today 05-31-07

I was very cautious about signing up in March 2006, but Jackie Garrett told me to trust her. She guaranteed I would have a renter within a few months and make my money back and then some. So, I spent $900.00 to rent my timeshare.

Since then, I have never seen any type of offer on my timeshare. I have called the company several times, but they always say "it is in the works of finding a renter for you". I don't think they will ever pull through to rent this out. I cannot get a refund anymore, so I suppose I am out of luck.

I just want to say to anyone interested in renting timeshares, please beware of the tatics they use!!

Darcie
Williams, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2007 02:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Copeland-Marketing/Daytona-Beach-Florida-32114/Copeland-Marketing-ripoff-dishonest-unreliable-Daytona-Beach-Florida-250403. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Copeland Marketing

Keep trying and you will succeed

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

I too had been ripped-off by Copeland. I put my complaint on line here at this site, and I wrote letters and filed complaints with the BBB, the Attorney General of Florida and with the Fl Dept of Agriculture. I even wrote to the governor of Fl, the US Senators from Fl and anyone else who I thought could help.

I got back letters telling me that they could do nothing to help from the BBB and Attorney General.

Then, one day, I got a letter in the mail from Copeland telling me they were sorry I was unhappy with their service and that they saw that I had tried to contact them and had called many times about their service, so they decided to give me a refund "In Full". They also offered to give me one year of their service to sell and/or rent my time share without charge (which I turned down). I cashed the check the very same day and I have had no more contact with Copleland.

The point is that you have to keep trying, keep writing letters and keep calling Copeland. I'm not sure why, after months of trying I got a refund, but I can only hope it was because I kept trying and kept complaining.

Steve

You can get a refund from them but you have to do it by today 05-31-07

AUTHOR: Kim - (U.S.A.)

From the BBB: Consumers who submit a complaint to the Office of the Attorney General, Department of Legal Affairs, 135 W. Central Blvd., Ste 1000, Orlando. FL 32801 on or before May 31, 2007 shall receive a refund from the Respondents.

Here is the link:

I filed my Complaint because they took my money too.
Good luck