Complaint Review: Coppola Services Sewer & Drain Cleaning

• Updated: Mon, March 28, 2011

• Reported By: Rique — Hewitt New Jersey USA
Coppola Services Sewer & Drain Cleaning
28 Executive Pkwy Ringwood, New Jersey United States of America

Coppola Services Sewer & Drain Cleaning Coppola Services Inc. Poops on its Clients ,trying to keep it clean, Ringwood, New Jersey

*Author of original report: It seems some action is being taken.

In August of 2009 I hired Coppola Services to replace two pumps in my septic system. They claimed that they would be guaranteed for 3 years. Well here we are only 19 months later and the pumps are both down.

Coppola chaged me $6,152.50 for the job. Now, when I call them out to see what's wrong, they want $2,942.50 to replace the faulty equipment THEY installed.

I am ot entirely innocent in this mess,I couldn't afford to pay the original installation. They took me to court over the last $500 because I was, and still am, severely underemployed, facing foreclosure and didn't have the means to pay the exhorbitant fee they were charging. They ended up getting their money by taking me to court and then draining  my savings through a levy.  That action cost me additional late fees on my mortgage (I fell another month behind).

Now they won't honor the guarantee they represented. The tech that installed the pumps told me Goulds Pumps offered a 5 year warranty and recently changd it to 3 years.  I contacted Goulds and they inormed me that they only offer a 12 month warranty.  Anything more is the responsibility of the dsitributor (Coppola).  When I brought this to Coppola's attention they told me that if I didn't pay for the 2 new pumps they were leaving without fixing it... I wouldn't and they left.

If you do business with this company, do so at your own risk.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2011 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coppola-Services-Sewer-Drain-Cleaning/Ringwood-New-Jersey-07456/Coppola-Services-Sewer-Drain-Cleaning-Coppola-Services-Inc-Poops-on-its-Clients-trying-711019. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coppola Services Sewer & Drain Cleaning

It seems some action is being taken.

AUTHOR: Rique - (USA)

Earlier today I filed the report that Coppola wasn't honoring the warranty they had represented.  Since then, they contacted me and informed me that they'd spoken with the supplier of the pumps they had installed, Goulds Pumps, and that Goulds would be replacing the pumps.  Coppola will install them tomorrow by 3PM.

The catch? you ask, I must sign a release from warranty in order for them to install the 2 new pumps.  This means that if these 2 "new" pumps fail, I will have no coverage or protection.

I don't have a choice, other than paying somebody else to replace them, so we'll see what comes from this visit. Cross your fingers.