Complaint Review: Coral Resorts, Hilton Head, S.C.

• Submitted: Mon, September 26, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, June 22, 2012

• Reported By: Cheryl — Ponte Vedra Beach Florida USA
Coral Resorts, Hilton Head, S.C.
33 Office Park Road Hilton Head, South Carolina United States of America

Coral Resorts, Hilton Head, S.C. Deceptive and Lying Practices Hilton Head, South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Update

*Consumer Comment: Finding out what you already know

*Author of original report: Thank You

*Consumer Comment: You are not alone

We purchased in November of 2010 into Coral Resorts.  What a big mistake!  The sales agent told us he would sell our other time share within 3 months and we were planning on putting that sale money on Coral Resorts.  What a lier!  He never told us it goes into Time Share Partners and they try to sell it.  Its been 10 months and no sale.   He even felt so bad lying to us that he offered us a free week stay at Ocean Links.   We told him we cannot afford to pay on two timeshares.  They dont care!  Not willing to work with us at all!  Any class action suits we would love to join at get them to stop lying to people.  We have not used any of our points and would just love to have them stop using deceptive practices!!!  It will probably ruin our credit not paying them.  Any suggestions?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2011 08:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coral-Resorts-Hilton-Head-SC/Hilton-Head-South-Carolina-29928/Coral-Resorts-Hilton-Head-SC-Deceptive-and-Lying-Practices-Hilton-Head-South-Carolin-781338. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coral Resorts, Hilton Head, S.C.

Update

AUTHOR: powercatfan - (United States of America)

Update regarding Coral Resorts, we have spoken directly with Coral Resorts LLC and they have handled all issues to our satisfaction, we have no further issues with Coral Resorts.

Finding out what you already know

AUTHOR: powercatfan - (United States of America)

We purchased a time share through Coral Resorts back in April 2012.  We have vacationed several years in Hilton Head are were so excited about the ability to continue to vacation there every year with out the hassle of finding a place to stay.  I wish we knew we were going from the frying pan to the fire.  Over the last two days we have discovered most everything others have written.

Our first payment comes out in 16 days and I am going to do everything in my power to correct our mistake, silly me for thinking that Coral Resorts was an upstanding business with honest employees! Like most people these days, we are financially strapped and put the money we would of used for our vacation toward our down-payment thinking we would be able to reserve our condo 30 days out with no problem, this per our sales person Julie Stefan who assured us, even showed us the available condo for the month of July.  What a joke!!

I feel like such a sucker because we just didnt know.  We have family members who have time shares and have had absolutely no problems but we are finding out the hard way (and expensive way) that Coral Resorts should not be trusted.

I wanted to know what action you have taken or if you can give me any information.  I am looking for help and willing to help others who are in our same situation.  I have contacted others who have recently experienced these same issues and would like to put something together.  Thank you for your help!

AUTHOR: Cheryl - (USA)

Thank you for the advice.  I will definitely contact them and give them my formal complaint against Coral Resorts.   clkwahoo

You are not alone

AUTHOR: mrjlturner - (United States of America)

I have a similar story, but was taken while on vacation in Hilton Head.  I can tell you that the SC Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation (Office of Investigation and Enforcement) has secured a lawyer and is currently investigating these sales practices and customer complaints thoroughly.  I spoke with their office today and am currently building my formal complaint to submit.  I would encourage you to visit their website and do the same!  They can be reached at
(803)896-4470