Complaint Review: Core Vision Group

• Reported By: RJ — Prior Lake Minnesota United States of America
Core Vision Group
10341 66th St N, Suite 382 Pinellas Park, Florida United States of America

Core Vision Group $100 Gift Card Scam Pinellas Park, Florida

I use Quicken 2010 software to manage my finances that includes an account set up for my Visa Credit Card. The Quicken page for this account has the following statement at the bottom. Save time Automatically keep this account up to date. Need a customer ID and Password? Visa Information Source (866) 246-3475. I called the number and the person who answered spoke English with a foreign accent. I told him I wanted to arrange to download my Visa transactions automatically. He said he would have his manger take care of that for me but first, I could get a free $100 gift card for $3.95. Thinking I was talking to Visa, I stupidly gave him my credit card number. When I realized this was a scam I told him I did not want them to make any charges to my card. They refused unless I answered a series of questions on a confirmation line. I hung up and called back and told them do not charge my card - they said it was too late. They then called back and again ask me to answer a series of questions on the confirmation line. I refused and told them to not charge my credit card. Since then, they have placed a charge on my credit card. The charging company was Core Vision Group, LLC 10341 66th St N, Suite 382. Pinellas Park, FL 33782. I have now closed this credit card account. This is a scam and I think the charge to my account is unauthorized and therefore fraudulent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2012 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Core-Vision-Group/Pinellas-Park-Florida-33782/Core-Vision-Group-100-Gift-Card-Scam-Pinellas-Park-Florida-915420. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Core Vision Group