Complaint Review: Coreen Schaafsma

• Updated: Mon, August 06, 2012

• Reported By: Karma4Coreen — Richmond Virginia United States of America
Coreen Schaafsma
New Bern, North Carolina United States of America

Coreen Schaafsma Unethical, Liar, Hypocrite, Horse Trader, BEWARE New Bern, North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: THOMSON MOORE IS CRAZY!

*General Comment: You couldn't be MORE wrong!!!!

*General Comment: Classic Thompson Moore Behavior

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Crazy Cori: Her Karma Catching Up With Her!

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: William Thompson Moore is a raving lunatic.

*Consumer Comment: That's No Surprize!

Coreen Schaafsma's pitiful life can be summed-up into 3 words, "Liar, Hypocrite, and Cyberbully." I regret the day that I ever came into contact with this nightmare of a woman.  Never in my entire life, have I ever met someone who will lie more than Coreen Schaafsma. If I asked her what day of the week it was, and she said "Monday," I would have to go check my calender, because it is probably Friday. This woman has the worst character qualities of any woman I have ever met.  I feel very sorry for the poor sucker who married her.

It can't be easy being married to Satan. I'm sure thier marriage will end in flames, just as all things end when Coreen is involved. My nightmere with Coreen begins one early Spring day in 2011, when I recieved a call from someone who introduced herself as: "Coreen Schaafsma." She was inquiring about several horses that I had for sale at the time, so I began ansering her questions. [continued below]....
..... After speaking with her at length, (about each horse she was intersted in) Coreen shocked me by saying: "I'll take them!."

I was floored by the statement, and asked if she wanted to come and see the horses first, or if she'd like a vet-check. She responded by saying, "no," and that she wanted me to email her the sales agreements for both horses immediately. She signed 2 legal documents buying each horse: "As is, with no warranties expressed or implied." (Documented) After all the paperwork was finished, we began to plan shipping process of the 2 horses the farm in VA where Coreen was working.

I had recently moved to a new city, and I decided to change the name of my farm due to it's new location. This is a common practice for many people who relocate to new areas. Little did I know, Coreen would use this fact as "ammo" against me in later weeks/months to come. The horses she purchased were taken to the vet, issued and issued new coggins papers and health certificates. Once the health papers were complete, the horses were shipped to VA. I thought all was fine, until I recieved a TEXT message 3 days later (from Coreen) demanding her money back for the horses.

I replied by saying, "If you are unsatisfied, just send them back to me, and I will get your money back for you." She replied by saying, she wanted to keep the horses, and have her money refunded. (ALL DOCUMENTED) I responded by saying, "that is stealing. You cannot keep the horses and money money." She said  "I would be sorry for selling her horses she did not like."  I responded by saying, "You are the one who wanted to buy them sight unseen with no vet check." No one forced Coreen to buy, she bought because she wanted to.

She never even took the time to see the horses in person, or have them vetted. Coreen became very angry, and true to her threats, she began posting lies about me and my farm all over the internet. She posted on the Chronicle of the horse, and on ratemyhorsepro.com, and no telling how many others.  She started making up stories that would not stop. She told me in a voicemail, that she was going to "ruin my business for what I had done."  (Exactly what did I do? Sell you a horse that YOU wanted to buy..???)

Coreen began making up fake accounts on the Chronicle of the horse forums, pretending to be several  different people . She told people I was a "scam artist, stole horses, drugged horses, starved horses," and that I had changed my farm name to "hide," so I could SCAM more people out of their money.  She even said in one post, that I had made up "fake health papers" for the horses. This allegtion was quickly put to rest, when she called the vet that had issued the paper.

She desided to cause even more problems, by lying to the police, and filing a false police report, saying that I was "starving my horses." After giving the false report, the police came out to the farm immediately, and to the dismay of Coreen, gave ALL horses an excellent health score. I asked for a copy of the police report, and I posted the report to the forum where Coreen was causing problems. I thought surely, a police report would shut her up, but I was wrong.

She responded to the report by saying that I had "obviously paid the officers off." This made her really mad, so she then calls the STATE VETS OFFICE and reported me again. Surely this time, she thought, they would find something bad. The State Vet also came out to our farm, and found that all horses were in good condition with no problems. The vet told me it was illegal to accuse someone falsely to the police, and make up false claims out of spite. The police and state vet have better things to do that respond to lies from a crazy woman.

He said that I should seek legal action agaist Coreen, who was dumb enough to give her name when filing the false reports. (documented) I just decided to let it go, because life is too short to deal with nut-jobs like Coreen. Little did I know, it would get even worst. An angry Coreen, who had not been able to prove anything bad, was now out for blood.  Over the next few weeks, she lied about me, and my farm on every website she possible. She even had strangers call my phone to harrass me.

One woman, who I had sold horses to in the past, called me to tell me that Coreen had called her, and told her that I was "homosexual" and that she should not do business with a " f _ _ _ _ t. "  (Rhymes with maggot) Obviously, not only is Coreen a cyberbully and liar, but she is also a small-minded biggot. After all the the endless harrassment and lies,  I decided in July of 2011, that it just wasnt worth the upset anymore. SO, I decided to close my business of 10 yrs, due to the harrassment and lies from Coreen Schaafsma.  She is a truely evil person, and I pray that one day she finds peace.

Only a very unhappy person would behave in such a manner. The story is not over though, Karma is a wonderful things sometimes. Shortly after doing all of these terrible things, "Hateful Coreen" was dismessed from job at the farm in VA, where she had been employed. She immediately packed-up, and moved to NC. We heard through the grapevine, and she was: "asked not to return due to unethical practices." (Imagine that) Once in NC, Coreen RENAMED the horses that had been for sale previously at the other farm.

She gave them NEW names so no one would recognise them. The funny thing is, she is doing the EXACT thing that she accussed me of. I have attached photos of a horse that she had in VA named: " Best Of All VT" and another photo of the same horse (she used the same pictures) once in NC, which was renamed "Bombardier."  How funny. I guess it all comes back to you in the end. What goes around will come around. I would suggest that ANYONE who comes into contact with Coreen to run the other way. She is nothing but trouble.

She is a liar, trouble maker, cyberbully, hypocrite and psychopath. BUYERS/SELLERS/PEOPLE-IN GENERAL BEWARE. You will regret the day you ever meet this monster. I will thank her though for one thing, if it was not for her, I would not have gone back to school and finished my RN degree.  I make 5X more money now, than I ever did with the horses. If it would not have been for her, I would not be so financially successful now. So Thank you Coreen! You made my life better by trying to distroy me. You have lied about me all ove the internet, but you can never take my degree. So "thanks" for ruining my business. You made my life better in the process.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2012 08:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coreen-Schaafsma/New-Bern-North-Carolina-/Coreen-Schaafsma-Unethical-Liar-Hypocrite-Horse-Trader-BEWARE-New-Bern-North-Carolin-868414. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coreen Schaafsma

THOMSON MOORE IS CRAZY!

AUTHOR: His name is THOMSON Moore (no P) - ()

There is no "P" in his name... it's just "Thomson" Moore. Everything the writer included above is true however.

This guy is plain and simple a "con artist" and will scam anyone he can in a multitude of ways. He has dozens and dozens of online profiles with ficticious names (some male, some female) and even goes so far as to be "friends" with his aliases and make comments on his own posts with some of his made up profiles.  (See "VAHILLTOPPER" above)

Honestly, I think the guy is certifiably crazy. I'd be careful in any dealings with him, because one day he's going to "snap" and bad things are going to happen.

Also keep an eye out for "Robert Fortenberry" - that's his gay partner - He's heavily involved in many of the scams.

If you're on Facebook, contact the administrator of "Kuntry's-Farm-Buy-Sell-Trade Lot" and ask him about this guy! He's got dozens of stories that he can verify on Thomson Moore

#2 General Comment

You couldn't be MORE wrong!!!!

AUTHOR: Julia - (United States of America)

I have done business with, worked for and am a friend of the person you speak of. She is an upstanding citizen, nothing but honest, has the hugest heart and is caring and very kind. I have never known anything different about her. As far as business, I bought a horse from her a few years ago that was absolutely one of the BEST horses we have had. She has gone on to do wonderful things (qualified for Devon this year and has been to the WIHS twice now) with her owner and I could not be more proud. The horse was in wonderful condition, was exactly what she said it was and we were nothing but happy upon purchasing her!

As far as working, I worked for her on multiple occasions and I cannot say enough good about the system and care that took place on that farm. The horses were extremely well fed (I know so as I fed them myself), always had clean water, always had exercise and loved their lives! I was around when the horses that came from the person complaining came in. I witnessed with my own eyes the horrible condition in which they came. I was infuriated when I saw them, they were skinny and very ill. However, I also witnessed their road back to health and I can tell you that when I saw them last they were at perfect weight, happy and you would have never known that they were in the condition that they had been in!

All thanks to Corie and her staff and their dedication to see them well. As far as friendship, she has always been a wonderful friend to me and my husband and has always been very kind to my son. I could have quite a few people say the same. Everyone is always going to have haters, it's fine but the very truth is that Corie is not even worthy of anyone hating her. She is a wonderful person and my family loves her!

So whoever wrote this complaint can stop pulling things out of their butt and get a life because it's not gonna get you anywhere. Stop lying to yourself and realize that you just shouldn't come within 100 ft of a horse. Ever. In your life. You have absolutely no clue what you're doing. One thing you are good at is being the true definition of a scam artist. If you have such a perfect reputation, explain to me why you feel the need to defend yourself at every negative thing that comes your way? Sounds kinda weird to me.....

#3 General Comment

Classic Thompson Moore Behavior

AUTHOR: Concerned Horseowner - (United States of America)

Another CLASSIC THOMPSON MOORE post!  Creating multiple userids to author reports on someone, and calling her "Crazy Cori."  Anyone who knows Thompson Moore can read his signature all over this one.  Anyone who doesn't know him, consider yourself lucky!

Thompson Moore loves to visit this site, or similar one, and try to smear any horse professional whom he comes across in the nastiest, meanest, and ugliest ways possible.

The worst part is, Thompson is the WORST of all horse traders I have ever known!  I watched him buy horses at low-end auctions, then turn around and list them on his website a few days later as an "Oldenburg Cross" with all kinds of "Show Points" and pretend he had owned and shown the horse for years.  They were grade "junk horses" who had barely ever been ridden.

When confronted about his lies and insane behaviors, Thompson Moore will threaten to file a lawsuit.  That's his Modus operandi.  Don't worry, he doesn't have an attorney, or the money to get one.

I have been rather amused by the following "threads" about Thompson Moore over the years.  Read them for yourself and draw your own conclusions:
as well as this one:
I especially enjoy the closing comment from the site moderator who states: "UPDATE: Our apologies for not being able to determine earlier, but bellfordfarms does in fact share an IP address with a recently created account "ThomsonMoore" as well as "ilovemyhorses87."  "

I recommend that anyone who has dealt with Thompson Moore and had him smear their name post a reply to this report with a link to the ripoffreport that he has written about you, so that we can doccument what a crazed lunatic he is an an effort to remove the power of anonymity that he tries to operate under.

#4 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Crazy Cori: Her Karma Catching Up With Her!

AUTHOR: VAhilltopper - (United States of America)

Coreen, what is your address? I know several people here in VA who want to SUE YOU for defamation, Slander, and other offenses, that we will not speak of here. Unfortunately, you left so suddenly, that no one had time to do so. What is your address, so they can "slap" a lawsuit on you? Your karma is finally catching up with you, girl. You should have been named "Careen" not, "Coreen."  Cori, you are a bad person, and it's time you turn your life around. You are too old to be acting like a young mentally disturbed child, who throughs a fit when you are mad. Also, I don't think you are aware of what "defamation" really is. Defamation, is harmful lies in written/typed form: For example, you posting lies about people on the Chronicle of the Horse is Defamation. Mr. Moore has simply told the truth about what you did to him, and the TRUTH is not considered defamation. If anyone should be worried about a defamation suit, it should be you. You have done nothing but lie your ENTIRE LIFE, to get what you want, and this situation is no different. It has taken a long time, but now your bad deeds are finally catching up with you. I think this is a excellent chance for you to finally grow up. You really need to get s job, and stop sitting on facebook, twitter, and in photo-shop making stupid pictures of you, and your "husband." How many hours have I listened to you whine about your "husband?" Yet, you can spend hours and hours making stupid pictures in photo-shop, trying to convince eveyone that you are happy.  How many hours of your life do you spend making stupid pictures with special titles, boarders, etc??? Many, many, hours. How many hours do you spend lying about others, and gossiping? Many. Why don't you try doing something good for a change. Help someone in need. Stop being a selfish cow, who does nothing but sit on the computer.  You are NO spring chicken, and it's time to grow up. Get a job, and act like a grown-up. Help others in need, and you might finally find some happiness in your miserable life.

#5 REBUTTAL Individual responds

William Thompson Moore is a raving lunatic.

AUTHOR: CSchaafsma - (United States of America)

Do yourself a favor and read this before you believe any of this man's trash.

I rest my case. Good for you buddy. Why don't you give me your address so I can slap another defamation lawsuit on you?

That's No Surprize!

AUTHOR: VAhilltopper - (United States of America)

I'm sorry for what Coreen put you through. I have known her personally, and I wish that I did not. She is nothing but a conniving trouble-maker who lives to cause discourse. She can be a real bully on the internet, and in person. It's sad to say, but Coreen is one of those people in life, who just make the world a harder place to live. She does not have many convictions, or morals, which can be plainly seen here. I've never seen a "grown woman" act this way. I have seen for myself, that Coreen will do whatever it takes to get what she wants. I have also heard that she is less than honest in her business dealings. That would not surprise me, after seeing how she treated you. I read the threads she posted about you and your farm, and they are terrible. Just one lie after another.  Total cyber harassment and bullying on a large scale.  The best thing about this situation, is that you have now caught her doing exactly what she was trying to accuse you of. She left VA, and renamed all the horses once they were in NC. I guess she thought no one would notice what she was doing. Those who live in glass houses, should not throw stones. I read the ads you have from both websites, and I live how the horse "Bombardier" has grown 3 inches in less than a year!  In VA he's 16.2, and now (less than a year later) he is 17.1hh on Equine. Something smells rotten to me. Good for you, I'm glad you called her out on her hypocrite. Be prepared though, she's crazy and when she finds this she is going to go nuts. Make way for Hurricane Coreen. Oh well, there really is nothing else she can do. You are wise to be out of the horse business. No money there anymore. Best of luck to you.