Complaint Review: Corestaff Services

• Updated: Wed, June 13, 2012

• Reported By: James — Palm Desert California United States of America
Corestaff Services
51 East 42nd New York, Sacramento, New York United States of America

Corestaff Services Shady company and out of control Project Lead New York, Sacramento, New York

*UPDATE Employee: CoreStaff may be under-staffed?

I started working for Core Services on Monday, 19 2010 at 4:00pm (contract for 19th of july to 22nd of july for 4 different bank branches) . This was a computer system upgrade contract that included hardware and software. There was I and two other people. Of the two, one was the Lead.

Before I started that day, I had no information about the time sheet that I had to have. I had to beg for a time sheet so I would have it before I went to work.

When I got there, I arrived on time. I encountered and openly agitated hostile lead worker. He was shaking.

It was good work and I only took a 15 minute break for working 13.25 hours.

Meanwhile, the lead was constantly on the phone and unable to get his work done. He also refrained from answering any questions that I or the other worker had. He was very hostile and angry at the person on the phone(blaming some other lead about their incompetence).

The few times he was off the phone, he hardly spoke and seemed be extremely agitated (too much coffee, meth, drugs?). I and the other worker, worked our behinds off with 15 mins. of a break for 13.25 hours of work.

I couldn't figure out why he was so agitated at other leads on the phone and towards us.

We were supposed to work from 4:00pm to 2:00am. But, since he was mostly on the phone, it took longer. We were finally done by 5:15am.

He was also ill prepared by handing us instructions(that deviated from the original downloaded work instructions) in scribbles on sheets. The scribbled instructions did not even cover half of what we had to do.

Finally,,,as the sun started to rise, we finished. Exhausted I and the other worker were barely able to get into our cars to go home.

This is obvious what happened. Livio (the lead) got way behind on his work as the lead. When I arrived 15 minutes before work(the first day), he approached me in very very agitated mood and was shaking a little. I then went to work. I really don't think coffee would make such a person very very aggressive and highly agitated during the whole time we were there.

Then, on the 20th in the afternoon, I got a nasty phone message from Julissa Estrada explaining how we didn't arrive on time and weren't doing our jobs from the day before.

When I arrived to work on the 20th, Livio Leonardi, the lead, was no where to be found and finally showed up late (He was still shaking and extremely agitated). I confronted him about what Julissa Estrada said on my voice mail. He explained how we were too slow in working and we didn't know what we were doing. The is funny because, on the 19th, he said he wanted me to work slower to make sure it is done right. I made no mistakes.

Then, he explained he really didn't need me or the other workers because he could do it all by himself. My mouth dropped and I was in shock. So, I said, "Get some one else to do this crazy work" and I left. .

By the way, I have worked for many other computer system contractors(The was the second time I encountered a shady computer contract company). I  have never encountered such an ANGRY and openly HOSTILE lead worker. It is too bad, I probably won't see any payment for my work done, and I will miss the work hours on July 20th  to July 22nd of 2010.

I do have a B.S. in Information and Administration management. I am certified in Windows 2000 server, A+ technician, and Q01-Servicing HP Desktops, Workstations, and Ntbooks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2010 01:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Corestaff-Services/New-York-Sacramento-New-York-10017/Corestaff-Services-Shady-company-and-out-of-control-Project-Lead-New-York-Sacramento-Ne-625414. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Corestaff Services

CoreStaff may be under-staffed?

AUTHOR: Corestaff-Employee-909889 - (United States of America)

I believe Corestaff is dealing with imperfect people, and they, too, are imperfect since they are only human.

I don't blame Julissa Estrada in any way either, because she has a job to do - and she is probably doing the job of ten people, not just her own, or so it seems.

I work for Corestaff Services currently.

I responded to a Craigslist ad with my resume. I received a very brief e-mailed message from a Julissa Estrada, asking If I could be in a town 3 hours from my current location, by that evening, to complete a job. I responded with, "Who is this?"

I then received a phone call from Julissa Estrada, the following day.

She asked me, "how far are you from ____ city?" I said I thought I was a couple of hours away, and that I also had a team member who could help with these jobs. She said, "Oh, great, we will definitely keep you busy."

I worked three scheduled days, with my team-mate and the Team Lead, hired by the actual company, (not CoreStaff). I haven't heard back from Julissa. I know I did a fine job. My team member has done MANY jobs of this nature, and he was confident that we did fine too.

I have been told that there aren't any jobs in my area, but if I am willing to move to a larger city, or, if I were to not charge for drive-time, I would be drowning in work. I am still busy in my own town, so until I am not, I will charge for at least one-way of drive time.

IN SUMMARY:
My Team Lead was VERY competent.

Myself and my team member actually became good friends with the Team Lead, and I personally would be very honored to work with him again. He was on top of the job at all times and made his normal phone calls to his IT Support, but that was all. I actually asked if he would refer me for future jobs with this company.

I feel that it would be quite impossible for anyone to take more than 10 hours to install everything in any job CoreStaff accepts.

The largest job we have taken to date has only taken 9.5 hours, and that's because there were 25 complete systems that needed to be replaced, two servers, and multiple scanners, POS machines, printers and complete cabling that was removed and replaced.

I thank Julissa Estrada for her work and for CoreStaff. I do believe it is a very good company to work for, but if you aren't sure of something, don't wait until later to ask your representative a question, if you have them on the phone.

My advice to anyone starting to work for CoreStaff is this: Gain all the information you need to go to work for CoreStaff right away. This includes;

1. W4
2. I-9
3. Your Time card, and the e-mail address to send it back to.
4. Website address for taking a background check.
5. Your Representative's Direct Cell Phone number.
6. Dates and Times of your first job, with their respective addresses.
7. Direct Deposit form. (return with correct info and a blank check attached.)
8. Correct address in Texas - to send your personal information to.
9. Any other PDF forms you'll need that will notify you, of CoreStaff Policies.

CoreStaff is based out of Houston, Texas.

If you are waiting to be paid via check, via snail-mail, your mail will take between 5 days and 3 weeks. Take it from me, always do Direct Deposit.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC