Complaint Review: Corey G. Hicks And Associates/Carlos Madrid

• Submitted: Thu, March 26, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, March 26, 2009

• Reported By:Tampa Florida
Corey G. Hicks And Associates/Carlos Madrid
2200 N Wilmot Rd. Tucson, Arizona U.S.A.

Corey G. Hicks And Associates/Carlos Madrid Harrassment and Misrepresentation Tucson Arizona

We had a bill for $1,000+ that went to collections. We took care for this bill 8 days ago. The day after we did this man from Corey & Hicks called and I explained that we took care of this with the Tampa based collections firm. He told me that we needed to cancel the credit card payment with that other company and issue them the payment. I told him that I had a sign off letter from them and that at this point I would need to check with the compnay we owed money to directly for their direction on who should be collecting the money. He told me to just give them the credit card number and they would handle it. They also sent a demand letter by fax.

Upon contacting the company we owed the money to they told me that I had paid to the correct representative and that they did not have any contracts with Corey Hicks. They had spoken to them in October but that is as far as it got. Today I got a very disturbing phone call from the "man" at Corey Hicks again demanding payment. I reiterated that I had spoken with the apporpriate people and that we have satisfied our obligations. He said he had spoken to the same person and he was to collect the money. I told him I did not want him calling my cell phne any more and then he screamed at me calling me by name and saying "I'm telling you right now..."and I hung up shaking. He called right back and I let it go to voice mail.

He is now threatening legal action against us with not only the amount owed but also their fees and attorney fees. I reported this to the company who they said would be discussing how to handle it. I don't see the harrassment stopping any time soon.

Tampa, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2009 11:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Corey-G-Hicks-And-AssociatesCarlos-Madrid/Tucson-Arizona-85712/Corey-G-Hicks-And-AssociatesCarlos-Madrid-Harrassment-and-Misrepresentation-Tucson-Arizo-437892. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Corey G. Hicks And Associates/Carlos Madrid