Complaint Review: Corey Strom

• Updated: Fri, June 07, 2013

• Reported By: Got Ripped — Arizona
Corey Strom
Nationwide USA

Corey Strom Started A remodel on a home took off with the money left job unfinished and workers unpaid for their labor. Tucson, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Texas, California, AZ Nationwide

*Author of original report: Yet another line of BULL. He Is A liar and a scam artist

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Project in Question

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Completely False, Completely Unfounded,Not Factual

This guy is a scam artist! He was hired to do a remodel on a home he hired the tradesmen to do the work. When the job was at 50% complete he was paid a percentage and ran with the money leaving the home unfinished and the tradesmen unpaid. Guys like this give good contractors a bad name home owners and subcontractors/tradesman beware of this bad apple!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2013 12:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Corey-Strom/nationwide/Corey-Strom-Started-A-remodel-on-a-home-took-off-with-the-money-left-job-unfinished-and-1057127. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Corey Strom

Yet another line of BULL. He Is A liar and a scam artist

AUTHOR: Got Ripped - ()

If you do decide to "jump in the fire" the choice is yours. I wouldn't give him a red cent up front or even before the whole entire job is complete. If you work for him make sure you are paid up front he left workers unpaid for jobs they started but due to his incompetence could not complete. Their families went unfed but his pockets were full. This time Cory you will not get away with this. Man up quit giving other good guys bad names. Right your wrongs! Stop your lying cheating ways. I wish I would have had a reference like this before I delt with you. Maybe I should have google searched a little harder then I did. If i save even one from getting ripped off from you then thats one less victim.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Project in Question

AUTHOR: Corey - ()

We now know the source of this report and to further back up our respose we have been cleared by the labor board of any wrong doing and the case was ruled in our favor.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Completely False, Completely Unfounded,Not Factual

AUTHOR: Corey - ()

I will begin by agreeing with only 2 statements of the complaint that is true. Yes we started a remodel and we have not been paid.. Here are the real facts and I challenge anyone to show me proof otherwise. We have a contract with the owner to do a complete remodel of a 2,080 square foot home. The remodel consisted of complete interior demo. Flooring, light fixtures, plumbling fixtures, wood paneling on the walls, removal of the popcorn texture on the ceilings, demo out windows, cabinets, doors and hardware, skylights and on the exterior, palm tree stump removal, 3 other small stumps to be removed, scrape the entire half acre lot to be weedless, tree trimming and patch the plaster in the pool. The contract also calls for us to purchase and install some materials and simply install other owner provided materials. The contract was written that the owner would make 3 installment payments of equal amounts, 1 at the start of the project, the 2nd at the 50% completion point and the 3rd at 100% completion. We received the first draw and purchased material with it and the work began. It was a struggle but we reached 50% complete and we received the 2nd draw and had to buy yet more material. 3 days after we were given the 2nd draw a verbal "stop work order" was given by the owner. This after we had to spend the 2nd draw on more material and the reasons for that being the field crew made a few mistakes and extra material was needed but the big reason and the one that truly caused us to spend the entire 2nd draw on material was all the add on's and extras that we did that was not part of our contract for the owner. Per our contract we were not buying interior doors and hardware but we purchased them at the direction of the owner because we got better pricing, we added new electrical, 4 new boxes for ceiling fans, 1 in each bedroom, installed 8 new can lights in the kitchen, new dedicated outlet for the fridge, new location and outlet for the new range, new 12-2 wire to accomadate new runs, 3 pendant lights over the bar area, new wrought iron gate, 2 speciality interior vented doors for the furnace room, mold abatement, upgrade landscape. Per our contract we were to remove popcorn texture and provide a hawk and trowel texture which we did and after texture and paint were done the owner decided that he now wanted the walls to be a hawk and trowel texture as well, so more mud to skim coat and texture and an additional 45 gallons of midgrade semi-gloss paint plus additional primer. Now keep in mind that it is our policy to not mark up material. So we are at a total of $6,980 in extras in material and labor. The owner paid us $12,642.30 total for the 2 draws. The material receipts add up to $12,315.42. That only left $326.88 and with that we gave 2 guys each $100 and the last $126.88 was spent on lunch for the guys. So we are still in the hole the $6,980 in extras that we have not been paid for. I challenge anyone to prove that I have "ran off" with the money, It is true that none of us, including myself have been paid for this job yet, we are still fighting for what is due us. I am happy to turn over all job receipts and cost breakdown sheets that reflect the information above just as I have done with the owner. At this time the owner has hired another contractor never notifying us in writing that he was doing so and is now in breach of contract and we are dealing with that on a very serious level. Thank you and if you would like to see all documentation please feel free to contact me.