Complaint Review: Corinthian Colleges Everest Institute

• Submitted: Sat, April 24, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, April 24, 2010

• Reported By: Wendy — Conyers Georgia U.S.A.
Corinthian Colleges Everest Institute
3924 coconut Palm Drive Tampa, Florida United States of America

Corinthian Colleges Everest Institute Corinthian Colleges Only after money, degrees are WORTHLESS Tampa, Florida

I've been reading through this pile of ripoff reports regarding FMU and Everest. I too have been a victim of their school. I attended their online program for paralegals. Local attorneys won't even talk to me. Many use hiring agencies now, who tell me that my "degree is inadequate" even though I was a straight "A" student. I am now hugely in debt to Sallie Mae. I cannot pay these loans without employment. I cannot find a job since my degree is worthless. Let me tell you a little about my experience.

During my time with this school, I went through 7 advisors in 3 years and 11 months. Only one would return my emails, and she did not stay long. Two days after I finished my classes I received a phone call from their collection agency telling me I would not be allowed to graduate until I paid a 700 dollar balance. I called my financial aid person wanting to know what happened. She informed me that one of my loans did not cover it all and she was applying for another. Two weeks go by and I get another call from a collection individual. I again called my financial aid  person who informed me that I had maxed out on all federal aid I was allowed and they would not permit me to graduate until I paid them. This meant I could not have my diploma or any official transcripts. She also informed me that in 6 months I would begin paying Sallie Mae over 40,000 in loans.

What I don't understand is how this company can continually do this. I have been reading complaints on different web sites with the same issues over and over. Many of these go back years. All of them are tied to the parent company Corinthian Colleges. This company is getting FEDERAL money for ripping off the public. I really wanted to be a paralegal. Unfortunately, I can't get funding for that degree because according to the Federal government, I already have one.

FOR ANYONE CONSIDERING A COLLEGE: MAKE SURE THEY ARE REGIONALLY ACCREDITED. IF THEY ARE NATIONALLY ACCREDITED THEY QUALIFY FOR FEDERAL AID, BUT THEIR CREDITS WILL NOT BE RECOGNIZED OR ACCEPTED BY ANY OTHER SCHOOL.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2010 05:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Corinthian-Colleges-Everest-Institute/Tampa-Florida-33619/Corinthian-Colleges-Everest-Institute-Corinthian-Colleges-Only-after-money-degrees-are-WO-596308. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Corinthian Colleges Everest Institute