Complaint Review: Corinthian Colleges

• Updated: Wed, July 13, 2011

• Reported By: ripedoffmom — Middleburg Florida United States of America
Corinthian Colleges
6 Hutton Centre DriveSuite 400 Santa Ana, California United States of America

Corinthian Colleges Florida Metropolition University Lied about accreditation also lied about grants and student loans Santa Ana, California

First thing I was told when I went to Fmu was that I could transfer credits to any other school.  I wanted to finsh as soon as possible to that I could transfer to 4 year school and I started by taking 5 classes a Semester I applied for grants and loans through school I was told that this was all covered by a grant with exception of a small amount for books.  So I paid cash for my books. When I was in my last semester I was pulled into into the aid office and told that if I did not get a loan to cover the balance on my account which was now over 6k I was told every class I had taken and completed would be worthless because they would not only not allow me to graduate but they would also not transfer my credits to another school.  When I asked why there was a balance I was told that I never got grant and taking 5 classes put me in the hole with what convental student loans covered.  I did end up applying for second private loan and got it and then 6 months later I was told that it was not enough to cover my balance and I would not be able to get my transcripts or credit for my classes unless I paid another 6k.  Now in addition to the 6k I did take out in a private loan I also have 14k in student loans that I was org told were "Grants and I did not have to pay back" Please beware of any of these schools that have anything to do with Corinthian college, FMU, Everest.  They are nothing but rip offs and practice preditor lending.  They are the biggest crooks out there.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2011 02:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Corinthian-Colleges/Santa-Ana-California-92707/Corinthian-Colleges-Florida-Metropolition-University-Lied-about-accreditation-also-lied-ab-752508. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Corinthian Colleges