Complaint Review: Corkin.com

• Updated: Tue, May 31, 2011

• Reported By:Woodstock Georgia
Corkin.com
corkin.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Corkin.com Don't Waste your Time Posting your Business Ads on Corkin.com website! Northridge California

*Consumer Comment: Corkin.com worked a minor miracle for me.

*Consumer Suggestion: Corkin.com are spammers

*Consumer Comment: Corkin.com is Great!

*Consumer Comment: One Happy Corker!

*Consumer Comment: Thanx goodness

DO NOT JOIN CORKIN.COM SITE! They boast that that they are next greatest site a combo of" MySpace meets Craigs List meets Facebook" and are there to promote your ads and help market your business or whatever you might be selling. Paul the owner gets people to his site by roaming the Craigs' list ads like a roach in heat to get you to move over to his site and will send you invites to join his site. I admit that I got suckered into his big sales pitch and was approached by Paul from an ad that I had on Craigs. PAUL'S SITE - CORKIN.COM SUCKS and you will never generate any customers from being on his site to your business . I was a member since January of this year and never got one single hit. I posted ads & bulletins every day and week. All Paul is looking for is a big member number to brag about his site. The site does a big nothing for any member who joins and wishes to promote and post ads on their business. Also and most importantly.....that they have this great message center for each member...... PLEASE BE CAREFUL OF WHAT YOU EMAIL TO THOSE FRIENDS IN CORKIN'S MESSAGE CENTER......PAUL AND HIS GROUPIES ARE READING EVERY ONE OF YOUR MESSAGES!!!!! NOTHING IS PRIVATE!!! PLEASE BELIEVE.....IT HAPPENED TO ME AND SEVERAL OF OTHER CORKIN MEMBERS. I WILL GIVE YOU ONE OF MANY EXAMPLES OF THIS WHILE I WAS ON CORKIN...... MY ACCOUNT JUST MAGICALLY WAS CANCELLED BY PAUL IN A COUPLE OF HOURS AFTER I HAD SENT A FEW FRIENDS PERSONAL MESSAGES THAT I WOULD BE CLOSING MY CORKIN ACCOUNT. PAUL HAS A SORRY EXCUSE FOR A WEBSITE AND HE READS PERSONAL MESSAGES TO YOUR FRIENDS. HE SAYS THAT CORKIN WILL GIVE YOU THE BEST & GREATEST VENUE TO PROMOTE AND MARKET YOUR BUSINESS.......TRUST ME.....IT SUCKS,IT IS A TOTAL SCAM AND LIE.....AND YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME! NO ONE WILL SEE YOUR ADS AND YOU WILL RECIEVE A BIG "O" IN ANY MARKETING YOU WASTE POSTING ON THIS SITE FOR NEW BUSINESS. YOUR ARE BETTER OFF PRINTING OUT A FLYER AND POSTING IT TO A STOP SIGN AT THE END OF YOUR STREET!!!!

K.f
Woodstock, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2009 06:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Corkincom/nationwide/Corkincom-Dont-Waste-your-Time-Posting-your-Business-Ads-on-Corkincom-website-Northrid-467311. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Corkin.com

Corkin.com worked a minor miracle for me.

AUTHOR: Cheated - (U.S.A.)

I joined Corkin.com a couple of months ago, admittedly because it was FREE.  I have a small vacation home for rental, and the past management company refused to take down the site featuring my home...I was competing against my own home and frankly they were winning.  Google and their ads were always at least the first page of any search.  This changed within 24 hrs of posting my ad on Corkin.  Imagine my surprise when I did a google search of my property's name, there I was, first page, first ad.

Yes, I recently booked a customer for my home who told me they found my ad on Corkin.  I would recommend them to anyone, and do!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Corkin.com are spammers

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

I also listed on craigslist and was immediately deluged with emails from corkin.com Not only is this against craigslist terms and conditions it is also a violation of the law regarding spam email.

I have notified the Attorney General in my state as well as the Attorney General in California.

Any company that has to resort to trolling craigslist for business is pretty sad and would never do any business with a bunch of spammers.

I would bet money that the list of letters rebutting the original poster all came from corkin.com and are not real.

DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH CORKIN.COM as they are just a bunch of spammers and have all the emails forwarded to the proper authorities already.

I am just trying to sell my car and they send me spam. Just go away corkin.

AUTHOR: Gdf7279 - (U.S.A.)

First, how can a website that is completely free to everyone that uses it be a ripoff in any way? Its free, you're not paying for anything.

Second, Corkin is a great site for people that are looking to sell, buy, trade or barter services and products. I love the format of Corkin, not only do you get to see a picture and information of the ads but you can also see pictures and information of the people selling to you. It is much more personal than other classified sites, but it adds a great sense of social networking as well.

Finally, you make some pretty stong acusations with out any back up or proof. What possible proof could you have that someone read your messages? Why would anyone care to read your messages? With thousands of users I think the corkin staff as better things to do that to bother with reading your stuff.

If you have an product or service or you are looking for a product or service I would definately suggest checking out corking.

AUTHOR: Rayn - (U.S.A.)

I'm sorry to tell you K Lee, but Corkin is not the problem - you are! You're obviously hurt that you're no longer on there, but I think you abused the site- So I say good riddens .. Corkin.com is a great site! Very very friendly users, the owner is very friendly and professional and is always eager to help and Ive had nothing but positive experiences there. My friend Jenny sent me a link to this horrible garbage you wrote and I felt it necessary to speak up. Corkin is so much nicer now since this lady is gone. She would send out countless Bulletins about that crap she sells and it was just way too much. She sent out ten Bulletins in rapid fire once with a bunch of lame jokes, totally clogging up my inbox. K Lee if you didnt make any sells its not Corkin's fault, its because you sell worthless cheap crap that noone is interested in .. that and you're RUDE .. you sent out those evil Bulletins crucifying anyone you didnt like on the site and noone wants to be associated with someone that handles themself like that. And the letter you wrote above is the perfect example. You're doing the same crap here on this site. You're a bad seed and you need to learn some business etiquette ASAP. For people potenially interested in joining Corkin, please dont listen to this woman. Its just the rants of a bitter individual who messed up a good thing.

One Happy Corker!

AUTHOR: Linda - (U.S.A.)

I can't begin to imagine why this person is so unhappy with Corkin. I really enjoy this site, and think it's far superior to CL. It is less restrictive, post every 24 hours with your ads, post photos or videos with the ads, post local or nationwide, working towards going global, with excellent support, and all of this is free! I am familiar with this person, and she did send out a lot of ads encouraging all members of Corkin to buy from each other. I'm sorry, but I'm just not interested in buying every item for sale on every site I visit. Just because I don't buy from you doesn't mean that I wish you to fail.

I have met some wonderful people on Corkin, and will network by sharing information with them so that we can all be successful. I also like the fact that I can link to as many social networks as I'd like with just the click of a button from Corkin.

Paul has shown me to be very courteous with any suggestions that I may have offered in the past, and has been very patient with me when I was having a problem, and just couldn't figure it out. He stuck with me until I got it! Service like that is rare these days. Very seldom are you able to do business with the owner of a company where service is a valued commodity.

I am happy to be a Corker, and plan on continuing advertising on this site for the long haul. I'm proud to say that Paul has become like a friend instead of a casual business associate, he gives such a personal touch to his service. This is the first time that I've ever heard of any complaint about his company, and I really think that it will be a very long time before I ever hear of another one. In the age of internet scammers out there, this business is run honestly, and in my opinion, has a lot to offer , and is perfectly legit.

Linda
(GreatDaniac)

Thanx goodness

AUTHOR: Jenny - (U.S.A.)

Wow this lady is completely full of crap. I recently complained about her to Corkin's site administrator and I hope thats why she was removed. She's a SPAMMER. All she would do is fill my inbox with countless emails about that junk she sells, stupid hillbillie jokes and defamating emails about users she wanted kicked off the site. She's a BULLY!! This hack literally had THOUSANDS of friends on that site, probably the most friends out of anyone .. Shes just complaining because they were finally gracious enough to put everyone out of their misery and give her the boot!!! She was rude to several people and i'm glad she's gone!!!! I asked her several times to remove me from her friends list, but instead of removing me she sent me some rude email with a bunch of profanity AND then continued to harass me with her countless emails. She's a terrible businesswoman, unbelieveably disrespectful and you should run in the other direction if she ever approaches you to do business. Corkin is a GREAT site, ive meant SEVERAL great people and have made a few legimate sales since I created my account in May. Everything on Corkin is completely free and anytime you need help they respond immediately! How could you go wrong with that? Only an idiot could mess up something that good! Case in point - K Foss aka K Lee Gifts aka Spammer of the Year