Complaint Review: Corland Mystery Shopping

• Updated: Fri, February 03, 2006

• Reported By:Webster Minnesota
Corland Mystery Shopping
www.corlandmysteryshop.com Internet U.S.A.

Corland Mystery Shopping ripoff, mysterious, no address or phone number, suspicious Internet

*Consumer Comment: I don't understand some people

I have received no responses to my emails since signing up -- it's a "mystery" alright!

Then I read someone else's complaint and I started to get this sinking feeling that I've been duped! The $50 card for new members (you need to do a "no obligation" with some other company to receive this)

I feel stupid that I fell for this, but being an unemployed airline employee, it seemed like a good fit at the time. I am writing so others do not fall for this. Life lesson! Thanks for your service......

Diane
Webster, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2006 06:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Corland-Mystery-Shopping/internet/Corland-Mystery-Shopping-ripoff-mysterious-no-address-or-phone-number-suspicious-Intern-174567. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Corland Mystery Shopping

AUTHOR: Giselle - (U.S.A.)

When a company asks a potential employee to PAY $, doesn't that send warning bells through peoples' minds???

I do not know anything about the company the original poster wrote about. I'd never even heard of them until I started haunting this website. But I can say that I eons ago I worked at mystery shopping company and we did not charge our "shoppers" anything. Our revenue came from the client companies themsevles, i.e. the ones that paid us to hire shoppers. Another thing I should point out is that we received tons of mail, calls and emails from shopper wannabes. At any given time, we had maybe 2 assignments in a specific area but maybe 20,000 shoppers on file (in that zipcode alone!) to choose from. Most people never receieved a phone call to do any shops. Those that did was probably startled to learn that they weren't going to be making a bunch of money like they thought. I always felt sorry for the people that actually thought mystery shopping was going to earn them a real part time income. Common sense should have told them its too good to be true. Let's be honest: if we could all earn a living by eating at restaurants and shopping at the mall, how many of us would want to hold down a real job? Everyone would want to be a mystery shopper! Think about it!

P.S. when I worked retail during my teens and early 20's, the various corporations I worked for did have mystery shoppers. They were however, people from corporate office and not someone hired through some website. Again, just more food for thought...