Complaint Review: CornerStone America

• Submitted: Sun, March 06, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, March 17, 2005

• Reported By:Akron Ohio
CornerStone America
6155 Rockside Rd. #303 Independence, Ohio U.S.A.

CornerStone America ripoff, scam, deceptive hiring practice, fake interveiw, ask for $271.00 , duped Independence Ohio

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Fair and Equal Treatment

Well, I hate to admitt it but, I was duped yet again by another one of these companies ripping off poor unsuspecting job seekers!

What's worse is I had read your rip off report before going to the interveiw and emailed them back and told them I had changed my mind and was not interested.

This tuesday 3-1-05, I trumped all the way up to cleveland, in a snow storm might I add, to attend this interveiw with CornerStone America. I had not put the company together with the name from the rip off report because they contacted me a few days after; anyways, I get there only to enter into a room with a group of other job hopefuls.

I was ushered into the office where all this Assitant disussed was how much income I stood to make , etc.. then the big finale...She stated that they would of course need to do a background check. That would cost me $271.00 upfront, before I could be considered. I of course was on my way. She claimed that she would Speak to the Regional leader regarding possibly sponsoring the money and getting it back later from me. Later when I called her, she informed me of course, that their coorperate office would not permitt them to do any sponsoring; money must be paid upfront!
All I can say, is what has become of our American work place?

Shame on Cornerstone America and all of those companies taking advantage of unemployed americans!!...Shame!

Kelly
Akron, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2005 12:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CornerStone-America/Independence-Ohio-44131/CornerStone-America-ripoff-scam-deceptive-hiring-practice-fake-interveiw-ask-for-271-133931. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CornerStone America

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Fair and Equal Treatment

AUTHOR: Dennis - (U.S.A.)

Kelly,

I read your report very carefully and you are missing some very important facts of that day. First, you did arrive to your interview 40 minutes late. You stated it was due to weather so we agreed to work something out so that you could be interviewed that morning. The Regional Sales Leader was interviewing the candidates that arrived on time so I, the Recruiting Director, agreed to interview you.

Secondly, I sat with you for over 30 minutes reviewing who Cornerstone America is, what we do, our products and services, compensation and the fees associated with coming aboard, should you be offered a position. The fees for contract processing and criminal & background investigation, which are very common practice in our industry, were never hidden from you. Even after I told you about the fees you told me that you wanted the position and you were ready to start that day. You then told me you could not pay the fees. As I may sympathize with your situation, I believe it is you that is asking us to be unfair and deceptive by waiving or paying your fees for you. All the agents in this office paid their fees when they came aboard and it would be unfair to them to give other new agents preferential treatment.

Lastly, Kelly, you were never promised anything by me or the Regional Sales Leader. You felt that you were entitled to receive this special treatment and when you did not receive what you wanted you deemed it deceptive and unfair. You went on an interview and it did not work out, that is part of life. This opportunity is for people who really want to represent our products and services. It is for people who believe in themselves and in this company.

Recruiting Director