Complaint Review: Cornerstone America

• Submitted: Mon, October 18, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, January 27, 2005

• Reported By:Your Town Georgia
Cornerstone America
8302 DUNWOODY PLACE, SUITE 340 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Cornerstone America ripoff Thankfully I had read up on ripoffreport.com first as I was ready with some questions for them Atlanta Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Fee for background checks

*Consumer Comment: Cornerstone America

I was contacted by Cornerstone after they found my resume on Monster.com. I thought it was a real potential job so I called them back and checked ripoffreport.com.

Thankfully I had read up on ripoffreport.com first as I was ready with some questions for them. I confronted them about what I'd seen and was told that those who wrote previous reports were people who couldn't sell. I was also told that, after I asked them directly, that I would have to pay them over $300 for various fees. Any company that you have to pay to join is a complete rip off!! $150 of the $300 I was told I'd have to pay was to join the 'Cornerstone Network'.

I told them that I would never pay a company for something like that as it was the cost of the doing business. After they realized that I just wouldn't pay it they suddenly had to go get the other line.

Thanks
Your Town, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2004 12:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cornerstone-America/Atlanta-Georgia-30350/Cornerstone-America-ripoff-Thankfully-I-had-read-up-on-ripoffreportcom-first-as-I-was-rea-113472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cornerstone America

Fee for background checks

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

As a businessman and employer, I can tell you, under new Patriot Act and federal & state wage & hour employment laws, employers are able to do simple background check and go through NCIC free of charge on ANY potential applicant they are to hire for their firms. There is no need for anyone to be charged this $285.00 by Cornerstone or any other employer with a front fee to do that!

Next, if you privately want to do ANY criminal background check on anyone, you can do so for around $25-$40.00 at the most very easily.

Cornerstone America

AUTHOR: Shawn - (U.S.A.)

I have been with cornerstone America for over 4 years. These fees are merley the costs associated with processing your application and full backgroung check. Not to mention the work involved in setting up your personal website, top notch sales training and materials, business cards,etc,etc. We also make it clear that this is an independant sales position and the few hunmdred dollars it takes to get a state license and set up your own business is a drop in the bucket... This is nothing compaired to the costs associated with opening the doors of any other business. Cornerstone America has given me and my family a wonderful income, and the ability to advance into leadership... Thanks Cornerstone!