Complaint Review: Cornerstone America

• Submitted: Wed, September 22, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, October 08, 2004

• Reported By:Wauconda Illinois
Cornerstone America
http://www.ruoneofakind.com/ Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Cornerstone America, Diane Elkins, Bob Amstadt Ripoff, Deceive, Cheat Chicago Illinois

*Consumer Comment: I'm Sure Glad I Found Your Site

*Consumer Comment: grateful to have been saved the migraine headache!

I echo the report of one complaint on this site, in that it happened to me too. I went to a meeting where we were promised to be supplied leads, but that we 'supplement them with some of your own'. I was told I would be supported and that if we made 15 appts per week, we'd make 10 sales.

I joined and trained, to be told in training how to approach people and gather leads. Very little about the services I would supposedly be selling. Later, we were told that 15 appts/week would result in 8 to 10 actual meetings, and about 5 to 6 sales.

Meanwhile, I wasted valuable time calling the dead leads given me, with phones disconnected or they never heard of us. Also, I went out to talk to people but met with little interest.

After 2 months of working it, and about 6 appointments, I had made no sale. Then, just before the Christmas party for our group, I was let go. They "discontinued our working relationship" due to my lack of sales.
Well, how about the $600 and 3 months I invested in this, and the state license? I had no choice in the matter. They of course did not return my money for the so-called training.

Michael
Wauconda, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2004 12:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cornerstone-America/Chicago-Illinois/Cornerstone-America-Diane-Elkins-Bob-Amstadt-Ripoff-Deceive-Cheat-Chicago-Illinois-109535. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cornerstone America

I'm Sure Glad I Found Your Site

AUTHOR: Phil - (U.S.A.)

Regarding Cornerstone - as one of your respondants reported, she also received a very positive letter through her listing on monsterjobs. And yes, they already scheduled an interview. I checked out their website, but you left it still not quite sure what the company does. I'm glad I received a last minute warning regarding Cornerstone. I've deleted the email.

grateful to have been saved the migraine headache!

AUTHOR: Mary - (U.S.A.)

Thank you for saving me the headache! I received an email response from Cornerstone America from my resume posting on monsterjobs. I did want to research the company prior to my "interview" which was already set and scheduled. I always remember the creed "if it looks like a duck etc..." After reading your commentary on Cornerstone I am grateful to have been saved the migraine headache, money and personal time. Thank you for your honesty.