Complaint Review: Cornerstone Physical Therapy

• Updated: Thu, March 10, 2011

• Reported By: DON'T RIP ME OFF! — New Jersey USA
Cornerstone Physical Therapy
77 Brant Avenue Suite 101 Clark, New Jersey United States of America

Cornerstone Physical Therapy Breach of a verbal agreement to waive the co-pay Clark, New Jersey

I was a customer at Cornerstone between March 31- April 29, 2009. The owner/clinical director of this physical therapy factory David De la Fuente promised not to charge the co-pay. The agreement was confirmed by a former patient who referred me and a my family member. 10 visits later he decided to "reduce" it without my knowledge or consent. I signed the Assignment of Benefits and the sign-in card. I was not aware of his contract with my insurance company, and he did not tell me upfront. My insurance co. would not discuss that information with me. This is a new facility and the scammer is desperate and will say/do anything to attract customers. I refused to pay and the scammer sued me. I appeared in court with my witnesses. Only in mediation i found out he altered the forms. My witness testimony would not help because of my signature. There are plenty of honest places that would be happy to gain customers and are honest and upfront with their fees and contracts. Cornerstone Physical Therapy/De la Fuente is NOT one of them. BEWARE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2011 11:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cornerstone-Physical-Therapy/Clark-New-Jersey-07066/Cornerstone-Physical-Therapy-Breach-of-a-verbal-agreement-to-waive-the-co-pay-Clark-New-704890. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cornerstone Physical Therapy