Complaint Review: Cornucopia Rescue

• Reported By: Grasshopper21 — Eatonville Washington United States of America
Cornucopia Rescue
30314 2nd Ave S. Roy, Washington United States of America

Cornucopia Rescue Sells Sick Dogs! Beware! Roy, Washington

Beware of Cornucopia Rescue in Roy, WA. They are known for having sick dogs.

I did not know this at first, and adopted a puppy from the owner. The dog supposedly had all of it's shots, and was dewormed. Less than 48 hours after taking the dog home, it started having excessive diarrhea. I took the puppy to the vet and he was tested for numerous stomach issues. Tests showed he had Giardia, worms, and parasites. The vet let me know that having all of these issues means the dog came from really filthy conditions. (I wasn't too shocked since the shelter was not very clean looking.) $300 in vet bills, and I brought my puppy home.

The next day the dog just didn't look right, and started snotting everywhere. Once again, I was back at the vet and the puppy was diagnosed with Kennel Cough. After an IV, medicine, tests, etc. it was close to another $300. Despite being on medicine for everything, the dog still continued to not get better. Upon taking the dog to the vet AGAIN, they did blood testing this time and found the dog actaully had distemper!! The vet said from the way the condition had progressed, that it was obvious the dog had it for a while, which means he had it when I adopted him! The vet suggested putting the dog down, due to the severity of the condition. They said that at the point he was at, it was pointless to treat it because he would die anyway. I had to put him down. Vet bill = $400. The worst part was having a broken heart over the new puppy that I had already grown attached to!

Beware of this shelter! My supposedly "healthy puppy" I adopted showed signs of sickness within 48 hours and it cost me over a thousand dollars, and the puppy his life!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2012 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cornucopia-Rescue/Roy-Washington-98580/Cornucopia-Rescue-Sells-Sick-Dogs-Beware-Roy-Washington-963879. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cornucopia Rescue