Complaint Review: Corporate Finance & HSBC Financial Group

• Updated: Tue, July 29, 2008

• Reported By:Hopewell Junction New York
Corporate Finance & HSBC Financial Group
Unit B1, 50 Bank Street London, Other United Kingdom

Corporate Finance & HSBC Financial Group Home Typist - Data Entry Clerk - Maxwell Walsh - Anderson Wilforth London Other

After applying for a position with the above named company to work at home (it sounded too good to be true), I received ane e-mail stating they were conducting interviews by e-mail because of the large response to the job posting. HSBC bank is well know to me.

I immediately answered the following questions in my reply e-mail:

Due to the large amount of applications we have resulted to Interview Via email to make the best choice. You are however advised to answer the following questions below to the satisfaction of the Human Resource Board.
Interview Questions

*Have you ever worked from home?
*So why do you want this Job?
*Are you taking this as a primary or secondary job?
if secondary explain why?
*Do you have professional Reference which I can go through?
*Will you be able to devote 20 hours of your time to
Corporate Finance & HSBC Financial Group ? that is 2hrs at least daily?
*Have you worked as an Online assistant before?
*Do you have a printer, fax machine and a scanner?
*Privacy and code of conduct....explain the phrase?
*What do u understand by petty cash?
*How would you describe your self?
*Do you know your clerical speed?what is it?
*Do you have an idea of how to use ms excel?

IMPORTANT: Send in Your Full Name, Address and Contact Phone number along with your response so you can be contacted.

The following day I received an e-mail stating that my application was successful and I would be receiving an Appointment letter via courier service next week. They included details of the job. They also asked the following payroll questions:

Please provide answers to the following schedule so we could update your folder on the administrative desk.

1. How many hours are you willing to Work per day?
2. What time range? ( Morning Section 8am-12noon or Afternoon section 3pm-6pm )
3. Payroll Interval? ( Weekly or Bi-weekly )
4. Payroll Method? ( Bank transfer or Check )

NOTE : Include your Full Name and Address With a Valid contact Telephone Number below.

They stated they would be sending me a computer, printer and stationaries. They also stated they would be sending me money orders to purchase software and a signing bonus. The would be sending me a tracking number for the delivery of the money orders.

I decided to google the companies because the information on the company provided did not fit with what I knew of HSBC (which is a bank). I also googled Greater Britain Business Association which they stated they were a member of. They also mention Pan-Canadien Corporate Computers in their indtroduction e-mail.

I was shown a link to this website under the name Benny Moore. The experiences of the other people and what they wrote led me to find out that this is the same scam but using different names. I immediately typed an e-mail stating I declined the position and attached the link to the web page with Benny Moore.

I will also be checking into notifying the site I found the posting for the position on and referencing the web page I found.

Debbie
Hopewell Junction, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2008 11:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Corporate-Finance-HSBC-Financial-Group/London-Other-E14-5NS/Corporate-Finance-HSBC-Financial-Group-Home-Typist-Data-Entry-Clerk-Maxwell-Walsh--356954. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Corporate Finance & HSBC Financial Group