Complaint Review: Corporate Records Service

• Reported By: LT — Sarasota Florida United States of America
Corporate Records Service
PO Box 5618 Tallahassee, Florida United States of America

Corporate Records Service 2012 Annual Minutes Records Form Tallahassee, Florida

I wasn't going to even open the envelope because as a past postal worker I know that mail that says "PRSRT STD U.S. POSTAGE
PAID" where the stamp should go, means junk mail. But, they went to so much trouble to convince me this was official "BUSINESS MAIL - TIME SENSITIVE" I gave it a look.

The next thing I noticed was that on a gray sheet of paper giving step by step instructions very neatly laid out (when does the government do that?!) It was too easy to understand and it was like they were really making sure I got this money to them. That to me is a FLAG. The bottom half of this gray piece of paper has their address and the fee that must be paid. They use a to make it seem legit at the bottom and they use Florida Business Corporations Act 607.1622 to add credence or believability to the letter. According to this Act this information must be filed by May 1st. [continued below]....
..... Today is September 20th. It looks like a poor law student looked up an old statute and is using it to threaten and defraud business owners. From what I'm reading at:
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0607/SEC1622.HTM&Title=-%3E2007-%3ECh0607-%3ESection%201622#0607.1622  it doesn't look like they enforce this at all.

I have a company of one. So, I know for a fact this is crap in regard to my company. I went online and found plenty about how this company is a scam.  I will contact the USPS to report this as mail fraud. I will get online and put my warning to others up. I dont want anyone being taken by this thievery. Please use the hints I have presented to watch for fraud in your mailbox and any others you find on this site, fore warned is fore armed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2012 11:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Corporate-Records-Service/Tallahassee-Florida-32314-5618/Corporate-Records-Service-2012-Annual-Minutes-Records-Form-Tallahassee-Florida-944143. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Corporate Records Service