Complaint Review: Corporate Trust Enterprises

Corporate Trust Enterprises
233 South Wacker Drive Internet United States of America

Corporate Trust Enterprises Timeshare resale scam, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Timeshare Resales

I was contacted by Tony Morelli at American Equity Value saying that had a company looking for ten weeks at Exotic Resort in the Riviera Maya in Mexico for a convention, offering $2,850 per week. The funds were already available, he said.He sent an Exclusive Purchase Contract contract (Exhibit B). We signed the contract (Exhibit A). We then received a letter from Corporate Enterprises, congratulating us on the rent of our Exotic Resorts vacation property showing the total rental price of $28,500, but also a 10% binder to be wire to a bank in Mexico (Exhibit C).

It asked to wire the $2,850.00 to a Pumanque Asociates S.A. De C.V., which I did. I also completed a Deposit Authorization form, so that they could wire the proceeds to my bank. I received a call from Anna at American Equity Value saying that everything was fine. A fe days later I received a call from Tony Morelli saying there was a problem and that I should contact Anna. I did. She said she bad news and good news. The bad news was that the mexican government wanted the sales tax to be paid. The good news was that the buyer would pay the tax.

However the money had to be paid first. I received a document "Declaracion General de Pago de derechos" (Exhibit E),showing the 16% taxes and the 3% for Registry Foreign Investment. They also sent me a copy of a Mexican document (Contribuyente Extranjero) proving that since I paid taxes on the sales in Mexico I would not pay taxes in the USA. Again I received a document from Corporate Trust Enterprises, showing the rental price, the 10% binder already paid, and the 16% and 3% Mexican taxes (Exhibit F). I wired the tax money to the same Pumanque bank in Mexico.

I got a new call from Anna saying that the closing was complete and that I should receive the closing documents by FedEx. I asked when the funds would be transferred to my bank. She said Thursday, July 5th. This because of the July 4th holiday.However, soon after I received a new document from Coroporate Trust Enterprises now showing a need to pay 8% commission and a closing cost of $2,495.00. Today, July 5th, I have checked my bank account, and, as feared for, there were no funds. I did not send any more money. Then I found your ripoff report from another victim.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2012 08:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Corporate-Trust-Enterprises/internet/Corporate-Trust-Enterprises-Timeshare-resale-scam-Internet-907031. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Corporate Trust Enterprises

Timeshare Resales

AUTHOR: janehill - ()

It is NOT nearly impossible to sell a timeshare. While it is true that consumers are NOT going to sell it for what they paid for it, it is not right to claim that they are not sellable.