guided

• Submitted: Sat, July 11, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, October 24, 2010

• Reported By:Toccoa Georgia
Correctional Billing Service, T-netix, Securus, Evercom
PO Box 650757 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Correctional Billing Service, T-netix, Securus, Evercom Total Rip Off Dallas Texas

*Consumer Comment: You should be in there too

*Consumer Suggestion: Suggestion (error in previous rebuttal)

*Consumer Suggestion: Suggestion to help unblock numbers

I went through a company and purchased a out of state phone number which is local to my loved one so that my collect calls would be only $5.00 because when my loved one calls me to my in state number I am charged $17.00 for 10 minutes well a few days ago Correctional Billing Service decided to block my number and then when I called in to see why they told me that my number had a security problem and I could no longer receive calls on it because it had features like call waiting, call forwarding and three way calling but I DO NOT have those features on my phone and I was told I have one option change my phone number or never talk to my love one again like I explained 5 times to the man from Correctional Billing Services that I DO NOT have those features on my phone he still refused to unblock my phone bottom line is since I bought the out of state phone number which saves me about $12.00 they are not happy and this is wrong on their part this should be a crime to block my phone because they can't make the money they want and 17.00 for a 10 minute phone call is a rip off especially when during the phone call you get 4 minute long recordings that block you from even hearing your loved one it's down right wrong and something should be done with this company.

Pizzed@cbs
Toccoa, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2009 05:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Correctional-Billing-Service-T-netix-Securus-Evercom/Dallas-Texas-75265-0757/Correctional-Billing-Service-T-netix-Securus-Evercom-Total-Rip-Off-Dallas-Texas-468682. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Correctional Billing Service, T-netix, Securus, Evercom

You should be in there too

AUTHOR: john - (United States of America)

So basically.. you are trying to commit fraud by purchasing a telephone number that is local to the rapist in jail.. and you are complaining that they won't allow you to do that?

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Suggestion (error in previous rebuttal)

AUTHOR: Faye - (U.S.A.)

Sorry, but I meant to say, call Cons Call Home and get them to email a letter to you so that they can take legal action against Correctional Billing Services (evercom). I am so sorry for this error. I am so frustated at this point with the billing service.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Suggestion to help unblock numbers

AUTHOR: Faye - (U.S.A.)

I have the exact same problem in NC and Evercom is yet to unblock my number. It was used only once. You can help though by calling Correctional Billing Services and talk to a representative. They can email you a copy of a letter to fill out by describing your problem. Correctional Billing letter states that FCC rules are that numbers cannot be blocked by these companies such as Evercom. Correctional Billing is trying to collect all the data they can in order to legally do something about this with Evercom. I have filled mine out and also sent an email to the FCC. This is a scam if I have ever seen one and I still don't know how I am going to get it resolved, but if enough people help Correctional Billing Services, they will do the legal work.