Complaint Review: Correctional Billing Services - Division Of Evercom Systems

• Updated: Sun, December 20, 2009

• Reported By: anonymous — Michigan United States of America
Correctional Billing Services - Division Of Evercom Systems
Dallas, Texas United States of America

Correctional Billing Services - Division Of Evercom Systems Division of Evercom Systems & T-Netix During my first payment I was told the charges would be .69 cents a minute. When I printed off a statement, they actually were anywhere from 1.39 to 1.68 Dallas, Texas

I have been putting approximately $50.00 to $100.00 on my account for my son to call me from an Oakland County jail facility. We talk for a very short time with a number of interruptions from a canned message (which I'm guessing uses up some of our minutes) and have also just plain been disconnected.

Upon making my first call to set up my account I was told the charge was .69 cents a minute which sounded good because I was paying $9.99 for 5 minutes for each collect call I was receiving from him.

When I felt I was not getting the number of minutes that I paid for I went on line and printed off a statement and was in fact paying anywhere from $1.39 to $1.68 a minute.  The day or time of day doesn't seem to be a factor.  I'm not sure what the charges are based on.

I also was unable to understand the people I was dealing with by phone and switched to the internet for my last payment.

I would love to have my statement and minute charges explained to me but am quite sure they wouldn't understand the question and I wouldn't understand them. It's happened before when I had questions.

The whole scheme is a ripoff and I'm wondering how much kick-back the correctional facilities are getting to continue this companies use.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2009 09:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Correctional-Billing-Services-Division-Of-Evercom-Systems/Dallas-Texas-75265-0757/Correctional-Billing-Services-Division-Of-Evercom-Systems-Division-of-Evercom-Systems--542619. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Correctional Billing Services - Division Of Evercom Systems