Complaint Review: Correctional Billing Services, T-Netix

• Submitted: Wed, July 30, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, July 30, 2008

• Reported By:Muncie Indiana
Correctional Billing Services, T-Netix
www.correctionalbillingservices.com , Texas U.S.A.

Correctional Billing Services, T-Netix Absolute Rip-Off - Something needs to be done. Dallas Texas

I have had a prepaid account through this company since April. The way it works is you put money in the account ($50.00 minumum when paying online or over the phone.) This allows you to recieve calls from inmates incarcerated in any facility the company deals with. My calls are flat rate $3.17 for a 30 minute call. The company disconnects your call before you get anywhere near the 30 minute limit. When you call about it, the will offer you credit although the policy is different everytime you call in. I have been told any call under 8 minutes, any call under 10 minutes, calls 1-3 are credited back and anything 3-10 are prorated, etc. The last time I called I was most currently under the impression it was 10 minute calls and under because I had recieved credit on July 3rd for all 10 minute or less calls. So July 9th I called for 9 calls that had been dropped and they told me the policy changed to 6 minutes or less on July 1st. When I told them on July 3rd I had recieved credits they told me someone messed up. THey are rude and do not care if you are satisfied with the service. I have actually had them hang up on me. Out of 135 calls I had 58 dropped calls and 77 full calls. The 58 dropped calls cost me $183.86. The gave me in total $24.00 credit. Once I ws due $15.60 in credit according to them and they told me they could only give me $15.00 even. That doesn't even make sense. It is a total scam to take advantage of the family members of inmates who are already struggling and going through a rough time. I have filed complaints with everyone I can think of. There has to be something that can be done.

Christyb26
Muncie, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2008 06:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Correctional-Billing-Services-T-Netix/Texas/Correctional-Billing-Services-T-Netix-Absolute-Rip-Off-Something-needs-to-be-done-Dall-357291. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Correctional Billing Services, T-Netix