Complaint Review: Correctional Billing Services - correctionalbillingservices.com

• Submitted: Wed, February 17, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, February 19, 2010

• Reported By: RAburdine — bloomington Indiana United States of America
Correctional Billing Services - correctionalbillingservices.com
Pendelton, Indiana United States of America

Correctional Billing Services - correctionalbillingservices.com T-netix / Globaltek Blocked my phone number, required prepay acct, PAID money will not allow calls but keeps my money. Pendelton, Indiana

*General Comment: I know what you are going through

Correctional billing services has ripped me off many times over several different phone numbers. It always ends up the same. They block the phone calls from your loved ones to punish them even further while they get to take a shot at punishing the families as well. Thats why the authorities refuse to step in when clear cases as DEFINED BY THEIR LAW in may states, FRAUD is being commited. But it's only against convicts and their families so why bother and waste their time actually doing their jobs and pursuing the operators of this crooked service. They continually block your phone, drop calls, cut you off charge fees on top of fees and fees for those fees until you finally break down and deposit money with them for a prepay account. Then your money disappears and someone tells you.. Well I can't tell where the money went but if you give us more, we'll unlock your account... So you give them more... at a minimum of 50$ a pop... They charge a 6.95 fee for gracing you with their willingness to take your money again... They double charge your credit card or debit card but only credit you for 1 time and deny they did the other eventhough it is clearly doccumented in your visa/MC account. Then you still get calls from a general 800 service that tells you, " An inmate from a correctional facility is attempting to call you but your account is blocked for insufficent funds, Press 1 to add funds now or ca;ll correctional billing services at 1-800-844-6591." But of course when you call you are not allowed to talk to a live person before it tells you to call back later but YOU NEVER GET THROUGH!!!! You check the status of your account and it says "CLEAR" and shows a positive balance but STILL WILL NOT ALLOW YOUR LOVED ONES TO CALL. So your getting the you have someone trying to reach you but you have a block for insufficent funds, but then you call the automated line and the circular process starts all over again with it telling you that your account is clear and shows a positive balance... These people that work for the service are aware of what the company is doing and aware that their policies are clearly defined toward the purpose of taking and making the process difficult in hopes that people will just give up and let them keep stealing from their bank accounts. I understand why we are all so pissed, but what I DON NOT UNDERSTAND is how our representatives in our local, state, and federal governments refuse to take action on our behalfs or even to actually investigate these crooks. THEY ARE STEALING MILLIONS just like the crooked firms they shutdown, and then prosecuted their CEO's, but they will not take action against a company PUT IN PLACE AND UNDER CONTRACT BY THEM. THEY ARE COWARDS AND WE SHOULD REFUSE TO VOTE FOR ANY OF THEM THAT WILL NOT REPRESENT OUR INTEREST just because they are the screwups that signed the contract that is allowing this crooked company to continue UNREGULATED, UNCHECKED, and UNFINED for their criminal behavior.

SHAME ON THEM AND THOSE WHO CONTINUE TO ALLOW IT!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2010 04:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Correctional-Billing-Services-correctionalbillingservicescom/Pendelton-Indiana-/Correctional-Billing-Services-correctionalbillingservicescom-T-netix-Globaltek-Blocke-570939. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Correctional Billing Services - correctionalbillingservices.com

#1 General Comment

I know what you are going through

AUTHOR: Christie - (U.S.A.)

Your nailed it. They don't care. Yes, they do it because we're the friends and families of inmates, so that has to be what helps them get to sleep at night. This cause keeps me up at night, literally. I think of all of the people who are being negatively impacted by this and it makes me sick.

I am making baby steps acquiring info, reaching out to prison advocates, and devising "outside of the box" ways to force change. It's time we channel that energy we have and collectively turn the magnifying glass on the government agencies who are supposed to protect us and hold them accountable. They are sitting on what I can only imagine are miles of consumer complaints.

In regards to the company specifically, I actually cried talking to them once. They are rude and your best course of action is to call them and ask for their fax number. Don't engage them in conversation if they start asking questions. Just demand the fax number. Put your complaint in writing, sign it, and fax it to them. This is how I resolved my issue. Trying to resolve the issue over the phone with them is not like calling AT&T, so don't bother. Be sure to keep the fax for your records.

I wish you the best and just know you are not alone.