Complaint Review: Correctional Billing Services

• Submitted: Tue, December 02, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, December 12, 2008

• Reported By:Magna Utah
Correctional Billing Services
Po Box 650750 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Correctional Billing Services Will Not REFUND my moneys. Dallas Texas

*Author of original report: Evercom, 14651 Dallas Prkway, Suite 600-Dallas, Texas 75254 Phone: 972-2770-0300.

Company billed my credit card for $56.95, on 9/23/08. For service to receive inmate telephone calls from a correctional facility! I was under the assumption that this service was needed at the time of purchase. I later realized, that Correction Billing Services was not the provider I should go through to receive the calls. I contacted company Sep, 24th and they advised me that a refund would be placed back to my Credit Card with in 3 to 4 weeks. After 4 weeks passed, I called company and they stated that for some reason the Credit was not put back on my Card, and they mailed the check on October 5th (Western Union) and that I should be receiving it any day. I waited two more weeks and no check arrived. I contacted them regarding this and they stated it would be 3 to 4 weeks from mailing date of October, 5th. I waited until November 5th and contacted them again regarding my refund again the agent stated that it should be arriving any day! It has been 7 weeks, still no REFUND, and November 14th I got the run around again. I feel they are ripping me off and want my moneys rendered to me at once. On November 19th this company told me they would be sending out an investigation to see if the check they sent was cashed. As of December 2nd Correctional Billing Services still has not found out any information to provide to me.

Kallie
Magna, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2008 11:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Correctional-Billing-Services/Dallas-Texas-75265/Correctional-Billing-Services-Will-Not-REFUND-my-moneys-Dallas-Texas-396989. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Correctional Billing Services

AUTHOR: Kallie - (U.S.A.)

I filed a complaint with the BBB December 2nd dallas.bbb@bureaudata.com Today I received a response from EVERCOM Systems, INC, regarding my BBB complaint They advised me that my check was mailed December 10th. And when I got home today, low and behold they federal express it over night to me I would advise anyone out there if they are having any difficulties getting a refund from this company to go to the web link for the BBB and file your complaint. I am grateful the company has finely refunded me MY MONEY!!! I just can't believe it took me filing a complaint against them to get it.