Complaint Review: Correctional Billing Services

• Submitted: Sat, November 01, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, November 01, 2008

• Reported By:sparks Nevada
Correctional Billing Services
correctional billing services .com Reno, Nevada U.S.A.

Correctional Billing Services cut me off for non payment, but no bill ever came Reno Nevada

We set-up an account through these people for service to WASHOE COUNTY JAIL located in Reno, Nv so our son could call us. We were told at the time that the "charges" would be added to our regular phone bill. We have had the account about 3 and a half months and it has been blocked.

When I finally was able to get a phone number to call them, I was told the reason it was blocked was that we ahd exceeded the 50.00 limit we had set up and no payment had been made. I explained that we had yet to see a bill from them and the reply I got was "Well, it takes 3 months to start processing the bill." So, by the time I will get my first bill from them, we will have had the service for 4 months.

When I asked about paying, I was told I could make a payment, but it could take 2 more months BEFORE it is applied and I should sign-up for one of their "other" plans. Either "pre-pay" or "direct" which means you are billed right from the company, not through your phone company. I asked for more informatyion about these plans and was told it could also take 60-90 days for EITHER of these plans to go into effect, plus, I would have to pay the current bill ( which I have never received) first.

What a RIP OFF, they don't send a bill for 90 days, but stop the service for non-payment at 91 days.

Bill
sparks, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2008 07:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Correctional-Billing-Services/Reno-Nevada/Correctional-Billing-Services-cut-me-off-for-non-payment-but-no-bill-ever-came-Reno-Nevad-387075. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Correctional Billing Services