Complaint Review: Correctional Billing Services

• Updated: Fri, December 07, 2007

• Reported By:evansville Indiana
Correctional Billing Services
www.correctionalbillingservices.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Correctional Billing Services rip off and lieing Does Not Privide That Information Texas

I have a fiance' that is incarcerated and my problems began a little over a year ago. I started out being billed directly to my phone company and a month after I started recieving calls I recieved my bill and paid it in full. I was never told that I had a spending limit and after $113.00 worth of calls my phone line was blocked. I paid my bill on time and my line was never unblocked so, I called correctional billing services and explained to them my situation and the customer service rep said that they bill in 90 day increments so I wouldn't be able to recieve any calls until my 90 days are up unless I set up a prepaid acct. So, I did and ended up spending over $400.00 on prepaid services for them to block my line again and tell me that I overtalked my prepaid acct limit and until the amount is paid I would not be able to accept any calls. Well, I refused to pay more money because "prepaid" is self explanatory and how would I be overtalking if I am prepaying my acct. I recently contacted them and was told that they no longer have a contract with at&t and that they would not be able to direct bill any longer. I called my phone company(at&t) and was told that they have nothing to do with correctional facility calls and that it would be totally up to correctional billing services so, I called correctional billing services back and let them know that I spoke with a rep from at&t and then I was told that at&t needs to update their database and that I would be able to recieve direct billing. I did that and called correctional billing services back and was told again that they don't have a contract with my phone company and that I have to set up a prepaid acct. This company has not only lied but, ripped me off and contradicted themselves and I am sick and tired of it. I have been unable to talk to my fiance and father of my kids due to this. Something needs to be done because it is not fair!!!!!!!!!

Very confused and upset
evansville, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2007 04:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Correctional-Billing-Services/nationwide/Correctional-Billing-Services-rip-off-and-lieing-Does-Not-Privide-That-Information-Texas-289789. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Correctional Billing Services