Complaint Review: Corss Country Bank - Midland Credit Management - Messerli & Kramer

• Submitted: Wed, November 03, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, November 03, 2004

• Reported By:Sartell Minnesota
Corss Country Bank - Midland Credit Management - Messerli & Kramer
3033 Campus Drive Suite 250 Plymouth, Minnesota U.S.A.

Cross Country Bank, Midland Credit Management, And Messerli & Kramer Rip-off! Fraudulant Charges, Deceptive means to collect fraudulant charges. Plymouth Minnesota

In 1998 I received a credit card from Cross Country Bank. I had a 300.00 limit. I charged about 70.00 the first month. I started getting collection calls about a month and a half after I got the card. They were claiming I was late and over the limit. They charged me a fee to get the card and then an annual fee to keep the card. I asked them to send me a bill. They said that I would have to pay to get a statement. By law, they only had to mail a
statement 4 times a year. This went on for a couple years. They are now being sued by the State of Minnesota, and I am part of that Lawsuit. I then started getting calls from Midland asking me to pay the 891.00 I owed Cross Country Bank. I explained to them about the lawsuit, and they stopped calling.

In August if this year, I received a summons in the mail from Messerli and Kramer telling me I was being sued. I immediatley called them to let them know the debt they were trying to collect was fraudulant. They said they would get their money, even if they had to come to my house and get it. I then recieved another summoms stating they were going to levy my bank account and garnish my wages. They also wanted attorneys fees. I again tried to call them, and got the same response.

I have since got the Minnesota Attorney General to help me, but they can't offer me legal advise.I can't get an attorney to help me. They will not take the case because the debt is less that the attorney fee would be. It is now up to 1300.00 with all the fees Messerli wants. I am a person who pays all the bills on time, just bought a new house and a new truck in May. I am not rich by any means, but we work very hard for what we have. I am now waiting for a response from both Midland and Messerli. They were sent a letter from the Attorney General asking them the cease and dissist with the judgement and any attempts to garnish my wages until the Class Action Lawsuit has been completed. Both companies still refuse to provide me with the actual statement of what charged with CCB almost 6 yrs ago. Stay away from these Crooks!!

Sartell, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2004 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Corss-Country-Bank-Midland-Credit-Management-Messerli-Kramer/Plymouth-Minnesota-55441/Cross-Country-Bank-Midland-Credit-Management-And-Messerli-Kramer-Rip-off-Fraudulant-C-115931. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Corss Country Bank - Midland Credit Management - Messerli & Kramer