Complaint Review: Cortez Towing

• Updated: Tue, November 27, 2012

• Reported By: Davidsdaddy1121 — Beaumont California United States of America
Cortez Towing
9410 Mission BLVD. Riverside, California United States of America

Cortez Towing Illegally Towed My car when I was 15 feet from it. Sneeky people, charged me $340 Riverside, California

They towed me. I was 15 ft From where my car was parked working on familys car in the driveway, no back up beepers, no, oh hey theres tools going and flood lights up I bet the owner is right there. No, More like let's wait till the right time and nab this guys volvo, Look's like he has money.

I'm very poor, My car was a blessing, They told me it would be $340 to get it back and the driver wasn't even back to the yard with it!

Fees:
Tow: $157
Special Equipment: (For what, To drag my car?) $65.00
Storage: $39
(They wrote this one in) GF GATE FEE $79.00
Total : $339.00

I Park here all the time when My wife 2 children and Myself go to visit our family.  They have two car's that fill the driveway, one of wich we were working on!

I park facing the right way, In front of there house, and they did not tow it the night before when the car was parked a little closer to the driveway. [continued below]....
.....

They also checked the box saying I was in a fire Lane.... This is Not anywhere close to true, The is no fire lane anywhere close to where I was parked, Also Two fire trucks could have gone through the roadway in the trailer park Side by side with tons of room to spare!

Theese people Are crooks, what they did was illegal and I will not rest untill this is made right!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2012 01:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cortez-Towing/Riverside-California-92509/Cortez-Towing-Illegally-Towed-My-car-when-I-was-15-feet-from-it-Sneeky-people-charged-m-974479. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cortez Towing