Complaint Review: Corvetes of Houston

• Submitted: Sat, February 13, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, September 20, 2012

• Reported By: Mike — New York New York U.S.A.
Corvetes of Houston
15350 North Freeway Houston, Texas United States of America

Corvetes of Houston Rippped Me Off Houston, Texas

*Consumer Comment: No Mechanics Work There

*Author of original report: Corvettes of Houston

I brought my 89 vette to Corvetes of Houston to get a problem fixed on the car that it was having. I initially talked to "Chris" the service manager and he assured me the problem would be fixed. I had confidence in this guy after I talked to him so I agreed to have my car transported down there. I had the car down there in September of 2009. The car had supposedly some module that had to be ordered from Detroit in order to have the car fixed. Long story short, Chris called me in January 2010 to pick the car up and he informed me that the car was fixed. I pick the car up and drive it about an hour north to my house. The next day I go out to start my car and the same thing was happening. (security light coming on and not letting the car start.)

So I called Chris and I will admit I was furious because my car was supposed to be returned to me fixed. (1700 dollars later) So Chris told me that he would have a tow truck pick my car up and brought back down to have it fixed. I finally said O.K. but I cannot afford to be without a vehicle again for months. The car was brought down in at the end of January. In the middle of February he informed me that the car was ready to go. I left February 12th to pick it up. I get all the way down there and I get ready to get the keys and there is a $250 tow bill. I was irrate when I found this out and I demanded to speak with Chris. The guy behind the counter, pulls a gun on me and tells me to pay it or I am not getting the car. I was furius to the point that I was gonna snatch the gun out of this rookies hands and stick it down his throat. Chris finally came out and the billing issue was resolved.

I left and get not even a half of a mile down the road and the car breaks down. I decided not to bring the car back to them because obviously Chris or the 8 dollar an hour technicians do not know what they are doing. I asked Chris and the technicians if they graduated out of the hillbilly backwoods mechanics club. So as far as bringing your car to Corvettes of Houston, I would think twice. Chris and his boys are obviously highly un-educated in the car fixing business. They should all retire. Maybe they should go out and get a job at Wal-Mart and try fixing cars there. Chris, nexttime your boys pull a gun on me, they had better use it or they will be sorry they ever pulled it. Have a great day and remember to BRING YOUR CAR SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2010 07:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Corvetes-of-Houston/Houston-Texas-77090/Corvetes-of-Houston-Rippped-Me-Off-Houston-Texas-569006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Corvetes of Houston

No Mechanics Work There

AUTHOR: Sherry - (U.S.A.)

They don't repair corvettes.  They say they do but it takes a lot of know how to repair a Corvette and they refuse to pay for that expertise.  If one of their cars has been in a wreck you will never find out about it because they sell cars that have been repaired under the radar and no CARFAX report will show it.  What they do is steam clean them inside and out, shine them up with a buffer, touch up any major cosmetic defects (not fix just touch up because it wont last) and take a picture.  They may or may not replace a tire or two.  If anyone has purchased a corvette from their salesmen and did not have any major problems with the car within that first month or two then you are just ONE and I emphasize ONE lucky person.

Corvettes of Houston

AUTHOR: Mike fountain - (U.S.A.)

This is still not resolved after speaking with Chris the service manager!!! You need to quit your job and work somewhere like Wal-Mart, you do not have to be that educated to work there.