Complaint Review: Cory G Hicks And Associates, Ted Chambers And Cory Hicks

• Submitted: Sun, October 05, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, November 17, 2009

• Reported By:Tucson Arizona
Cory G Hicks And Associates, Ted Chambers And Cory Hicks
2200 North Wilmot Suite 202 Tucson, Arizona U.S.A.

Cory G Hicks And Associates, Ted Chambers And Cory Hicks Abusive collections, impersonating attorneys, threatening and harrassing phone calls Tucson Arizona

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Hidden names and false accusations

*Consumer Comment: Scammers With no Morals Whatsoever. Sad People.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: In appropriate comments

*Consumer Suggestion: File your complaint on this website as well

*Consumer Comment: To "Cory Hicks"

*Consumer Comment: Prove it bottom feeder! You are no different than all the rest of your ilk.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Bogus Complaint

These guys pretend to be attorneys when making colleciton call on alleged accounts. They are nont attorneys and are very abusive and threatening when they call. They will call several times a day, over the weekend and will even threaten your kids. There is a movement afloat to file a class action lawsuit against this company and its principals. If you have ever been contacted by their office, Ted Chambers, Cory Hicks and/or anyone else, please contact the Arizona State Bar Assocation with your complaint. Do not send them money or take their calls. If you have recorded messages of them impersonating attorneys, please save them. They will also provide you with their Fed-Ex number for "promt payment". Do not send these guys money. Their e-mail does not work and they are not licensed to conduct business in most states.

Tony
Tucson, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2008 06:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cory-G-Hicks-And-Associates-Ted-Chambers-And-Cory-Hicks/Tucson-Arizona-85712/Cory-G-Hicks-And-Associates-Ted-Chambers-And-Cory-Hicks-Abusive-collections-impersonatin-378564. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cory G Hicks And Associates, Ted Chambers And Cory Hicks

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Hidden names and false accusations

AUTHOR: Greg Wilson - (United States of America)

My name is Greg Wilson, the Vice President of Cory G. Hicks and Associates and I am responding to the individual who throws out false accusations without calling me or even worse, presenting their name. I pride myself in being upfront and direct with all of my clients.  We work together in trying to reduce loss. All accounts are placed with a confirmation agreement in place to make sure we are all on the same page.

If a rate went from 20 percent to 35 percent, it was because you signed off on a lawsuit but how would I know?  You hide behind a keyboard and talk tough.  Here I am to answer your questions. Please call me 520-290-2600  ext. 113.

Upfront enough?

Scammers With no Morals Whatsoever. Sad People.

AUTHOR: The Ethical One - (USA)

Cory G. Hicks, Greg Wilson and the other collectors at Cory G. Hicks and Associates are a bunch of circus animals.

I hired them to collect on debts that were owed to MY company -- I did not owe anything. They presented a "smokescreen" and misrepresented all aspects of their service. They stated I would be charged 20% for collections, not 35%, and ultimately stole the other 15% when they failed to payout the proper amount.

Additionally, I told them we had not finished calculating the books for that particular month, and therefore were not sure if a few clients had paid or not. Greg Wilson said no problem at all, send the invoices over and "if they were already paid we'll just toss them out." Instead, our company was charged a 10% fee for all invoices (a whopping 3) that had already been paid. Greg Wilson's sheer lack of professionalism, and mental capacity of a 5 year old with developmental disabilities (no pun intended), should have alerted me to his/their scam.

They were extremely disrespectful to the clients who owed money, which is not something we wanted. We simply wanted to collect outstanding debts, not harass people.

For all potential customers of Cory G. Hicks my word of advice is: Stay Away!

For anyone at Cory G. Hicks who may read this, you're very lucky I did not file a lawsuit and report you to every Federal authority possible; I was very close. At a certain point I came to the conclusion that your ignorance and stupidity is no ones fault but your own. Claiming to be attorneys and practicing very unethical business practices is not the way to run a business. Your inability to become a real attorney, or run an ethical business, has become more of a joke then a negative. At a point when I thought businesses couldn't be any "lower" or unethical, you took the trophy with flying colors. I almost wanted to send you a ribbon similar to the ones you would have received in elementary school if you had achieved something honorable, which we both know never happened.

Lastly, pertaining to Greg Wilson, the so-called Vice President of this dinky, hole-in-the-wall company, he's a total rat. Greg is very unprofessional, a pathological liar, has the Napoleonic complex, and deep down inside knows he's useless to 99.999% of the planet. Cheers buddy! Thanks for messing up months of my life dealing with your moronic games. I hope you, at some point, master your elementary math and progress to the point where you can make simple calculations over the phone -- this was always a problem on our calls.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

In appropriate comments

AUTHOR: Cory Hicks - (U.S.A.)

Thanks for the nice comments. Sounds like more people that do not pay their bills and are looking to blame everyone else for their failures. However, this bottom feeder is of the highest ethical standards and what you must realize is that we represent good people who are the real victims of companies such as the one "BOB" owns that want to take products from good people without payment for them.

By these comments you are saying it is ok to order merchandise for your business and then not pay for it? Then you ignore the vendors every effort to resolve it with you only to force them to seek outside help such as ours. Then instead of trying to work it out you become beligerent and simply file malicious false anonymous complaints such as this. This is justified by poor me?

I would suppose by your logic that you think looting is also an appropriate behavior and those that hold looters accountable are also "weeds" and "bottom feeders"?
This is the problem with this country now, there is no more ethics and keeping your word has become ridiculed. There are only a bunch of victims like the ones that gripe on this website. I am sure that you also have an excuse for every failure you have as well.

I will comment no more because I have good to do for my clients. And those, such as BOB, that would take advantage of unsuspecting good people such as my clients absolutely are going to be held accountable!

Cory G. Hicks and Associates

#4 Consumer Suggestion

File your complaint on this website as well

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

www.budhibbs.com

By filing a complaint on this site - the website will also investigate them. Just look at all the information already posted about other CA's

This website is an excellent resource for anyone dealing with these collection agencies.

You people are like weeds - just popping up and hard to kill
Guess what bottom feeder - you cannot collect a debt that is out the statute of limitations - Sued one of your "friends" and won - last letter I got from my attorney stated that the bottom feeder I sued will now be held in contempt of court for refusing the Judge's orders

Prove it bottom feeder! You are no different than all the rest of your ilk.

AUTHOR: Andromeda - (U.S.A.)

Cory Hicks
Tucson, Arizona

You are the one throwing a 'smoke screen'. You are right! You are not about making friends with people you are trying to collect from. That is the basis for why you treated this consumer the way you did.

You would have been the 'first' collection agency ever, who didn't do the things the Author has described, IF you were telling the truth.

Show us all of the letters you have received, from consumers you have collected from, telling you how wonderful and kind you treated them while you were 'screwing' them.

Prove it bottom feeder! You are no different than all the rest of your ilk.

AUTHOR: Andromeda - (U.S.A.)

Cory Hicks

#10 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Bogus Complaint

AUTHOR: Cory Hicks - (U.S.A.)

While I believe that this website is a valuable tool it also is very dangerous and can be used to try and harm the good people. The report from "Bob" is a falacy and the events "Bob" descibed have not happend. This is pure slander and libel and "Bob" will be held accountable for his chicanery. The fact of the matter is that we are a licensed collection agency and Bob is the owner of a company that owes a tremendous amount of money to a very good company and Bob refuses to pay for goods he has taken. "Bob" thinks he is clever and that the way to not be responsible for yourself is to make smoke screens such as these. Bob has absolutely no proof of any of the alegations he makes here. I implore anyone who reads this to look into our company fairly and to know that we are a commercial collection agency and not a consumer retailer. As you can imagine we are not in the business of making friends with those that owe our good clients money. If there is a complaint from a client that is one thing a complaint from someone who wants to not pay for goods he has taken is inexcusable. My company is of the highest ethical standards and this complaint is fraudulent and has no merit. If you wish to contact me you can at 520-290-2600 x 15
Cory Hicks President