Complaint Review: CostCaptain.com

• Updated: Fri, January 04, 2013

• Reported By: costcaptain_scam — Internet United States of America
CostCaptain.com
Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

CostCaptain.com CostCaptain Sells items on website that it doesn't actually have avaliable. Atlanta, Georgia

On 2012-12-17 I placed an order with CostCaptain.com for 512MB Edge 144-pin DDR2 printer memory (http://goo.gl/EuKjJ) for $39.99. I had a coupon code for $10 off of $40, so I was just $0.01 short. I added a $0.99 rounded IDE cable (http://goo.gl/4zxUs). This brought my total to $40.98, so I was able to use the coupon code, bringing my total to $30.98. I was told I was eligible for free shipping, but I came to discover that is only true if you sign up for some subscription service. Shipping was $4.99 and brought my total to $35.97, which was still acceptable. I got my order conformation emails, and that is the last I ever heard from them. I was in no rush, and figured they were busy due to the holidays. I checked my order status periodically, which was always "processing" or "pending". I forget which. Finally I checked my order status on 2013-01-03 and found it "Cancelled". I'd received no notification, or anything, from them in regards to this. I sent them an email requesting clarification. All I received was a "Customer Refund Notification" from a "Raven W", dated 2012-01-04. I again sent again a request for clarification. I received a reply from "Raven" stating that the item I ordered is "currently unavailable". No idea which of the TWO items I ordered is unavailable, but apparently they stock nothing. The strange thing is, both items are still listed on their website, and able to be ordered. If they are "currently unavailable", shouldn't the website state that?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2013 04:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CostCaptaincom/Atlanta-Georgia-/CostCaptaincom-CostCaptain-Sells-items-on-website-that-it-doesnt-actually-have-avaliabl-991450. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CostCaptain.com