Complaint Review: CostCaptain.com

• Updated: Wed, July 24, 2013

• Reported By: Kunal — Roswell Georgia
CostCaptain.com
750 Ponce De Leon Place Suite 4 Atlanta, Georgia USA

CostCaptain.com CostCaptainCost Captain Manufacturer's Warranty of a claimed brand new item I purchased from CostCaptain was activated 7 months before I made the purchase. Atlanta Georgia

*Author of original report: Issue Resolved by Cost Captain

I purchased a Dell printer (claimed by CostCaptain to be brand new) in October of 2012. This item should come with a 1 Year Manufacturer's warranty, but when I had to make a warranty request in July I was notified the warranty was activated in March 2012, 7 months before I purchased the item from CostCaptain. Dell says I was given a resold/refurbished item, but CostCaptain does not state that the item was As-Is, Without Warranty, Refurbished, or ReSold. Their product page claims 100% brand new. When I submitted a ticket with documentation from Dell to Cost Captain support I basically got no information back. Here is their response. "Hi, This item we shipped is brand new and shipped directly from the manufacturer. We are unaware of why the warranty would state March. Thanks Maya " No other details, resolution options or proof to back up their claims were provided, so I'm pretty much stuck with no help or explanation from Cost Captain.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2013 12:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CostCaptaincom/Atlanta-Georgia-30306/CostCaptaincom-CostCaptainCost-Captain-Manufacturers-Warranty-of-a-claimed-brand-new-it-1069714. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CostCaptain.com

Issue Resolved by Cost Captain

AUTHOR: Kunal - ()

I'm happy to report that Cost Captain did look into the issue and determined there was a problem with Dell's warranty record on this product. Consequently they offered to replace the item or provide a full refund of my original purchase price. I opted for the refund and received it via express mail.

At this point I'm happy with CostCaptain's resolution to my problem. So much so that I've gone ahead and made another purchase from them for a replacement printer. They still seem to have the best prices around, so I'll keep you posted on how that process goes.