Complaint Review: Costa Cruise Lines

• Updated: Sun, October 31, 2010

• Reported By: ted3000 — Jupiter Florida USA
Costa Cruise Lines
Miami/Hollywood, Florida United States of America

Costa Cruise Lines Carnival Costa Cruises Terrible cruise, awful crew, bad ship. Miami/Hollywood, Florida

Took a Costa Cruise aboard the Costa Atlantica, departed Quebec City, Canada on Sunday October 24, 2010 bound for Ft Lauderdale, FL 2 weeks later. Had a cabin, 5117, above the main showroom, so was noisy at certain times. Complained to no avail.
Several days later the heat started working, it hadn't since departure, and the cabin became an oven, they "fixed" the heat problem by assuring there was no heat. On October 27 the cabin became an icebox during the night as cold air now has replaced the heat. Complained for next several days and they again "fixed". Now no heat and no cooling, just the outside cold air which came in thru the windows at night. Very cold, hard to sleep.
Friday October 29 we arrived at Bar Harbor, Maine, temperature on deck about 40. I told the service desk personnel  I was off the ship if no help with heat/air, I had Email Costa several days before and I called their Hollywood, FL offices from Bar Harbor also. Hollywood told me I was on my own as they had no control over the ship.  Saturday October 30 in Boston we escaped from the ship, they were trying to detain us, and we flew home a week early.  The food was bad, the service was bad, the ship was dirty, the staff surly, everything was priced in Euros, supervisors were never available. Worst cruise in our 100+ cruise experiences, and we have had several bad experiences, Costa wins the worst prize.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2010 12:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Costa-Cruise-Lines/MiamiHollywood-Florida-/Costa-Cruise-Lines-Carnival-Costa-Cruises-Terrible-cruise-awful-crew-bad-ship-MiamiHol-657078. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Costa Cruise Lines