Complaint Review: Costco Wholesale

• Submitted: Sun, May 10, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, March 31, 2010

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
Costco Wholesale
11800 4th Street Rancho Cucamonga, California U.S.A.

Costco Wholesale Tire Road Hazard Warranty not valid if your membership expires Rancho Cucamonga California

*Consumer Comment: Costco

I bought 4 tires for my vehicle two years ago from Costco. Had them installed there and they came with the "Road Hazard" warranty. Saturday one of the tires went flat and we took the vehicle to Costco in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. They told me that the tire was not repairable and would need to be replaced at a pro-rated cost. I said that was fine. They asked for my membership card and I told them that I was no longer a member, but I was when I purchased the tires and had them installed.

The manager told me that they could not sell me a new tire or refund the pro-rated value of the old tire unless I renewed my membership. The cost to renew my membership was more than the refund they were going to give me and the warranty does not specify that the warranty is only in effect while the member stays in good standing.

It was issues like this that made me move over to the "other" club store.

Termite
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2009 07:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Costco-Wholesale/Rancho-Cucamonga-California-91730/Costco-Wholesale-Tire-Road-Hazard-Warranty-not-valid-if-your-membership-expires-Rancho-Cuc-450507. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Costco Wholesale

Costco

AUTHOR: RDS - (United States of America)

If your membership has expired you can renew it, if you don't want to keep it after getting your tires fixed you can simply return your membership within that year. If you read the membership agreement you can return your membership anytime as long as it is not expired. I hope this helps you out a little.