Complaint Review: Costco of Merced, California

• Updated: Tue, April 10, 2012

• Reported By: BimmerOwner — Merced California United States of America
Costco of Merced, California
1445 R. St. Merced, California United States of America

Costco of Merced, California My Bmw was left for tire rotation, when I returned the car was left out on the curb unlocked by the tire dept worker and my 64 gig iPod was missing from the middle console. Merced, California

We have been costco members for years, here in Merced,CA., and in N.Y. state. I own a recent model BMW and a set of 4 Bridgestone Serenity tires from Costco of Merced.

On April 3rd 2012 I returned after tire rotation to collect the car (just before closing time) to find the car UNLOCKED sitting at the curb.  We left and when we decided to listen to music from the ipod and stereo my 64 GIG ipod missing from the charger in the middle console. (I have the apple receipt $439), and now I also have a police report with the serial number.

The tire shop attendant told us (and another customer) that he was alone and THE ONLY EMPLOYEE working the tire dept that evening, but the next day the tire dept manager (Sean) said that was impossible because there were TWO employees that evening.

Sean the tire dept manager at the Merced store, and reps from their Chicago offices said  that they are NOT responsable for any damages or anything missing from cars while the cars are in their possession.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2012 01:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Costco-of-Merced-California/Merced-California-95340-9345/Costco-of-Merced-California-My-Bmw-was-left-for-tire-rotation-when-I-returned-the-car-w-866223. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Costco of Merced, California