Complaint Review: Costco

Costco
Morena Blvd, San Diego, California United States of America

Costco Membership card rippoff. San Diego, California

*Consumer Comment: Not my experience

*Consumer Comment: I guess that would be alright...

I have a Costco membership, and when I went to renew it, I was about 2 months into the new renewal period.  Instead of continuing my membership from the time I came in to renew (2 months after the renewal date), their renewal period is activated on the same day every year based on the original date that I purchased the membership...and I, by virtue of coming in 2 months late, only net 10 months of membership time!

I feel that they should renew their memberships 12 months from the day you come in to renew...otherwise you lose time on the membership.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2011 05:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Costco/San-Diego-California-92111/Costco-Membership-card-rippoff-San-Diego-California-791308. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Costco

Not my experience

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I had the same thing happen this previous year and went to the member services desk to renew.  They started it from that date.  I don't know if they can do anything about it now but you may want to go back in and talk to someone to see what they can do for you.

I will say that the only difference from my case is that yours is 2 months and I had let mine slip about 3 months.

I guess that would be alright...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

"I feel that they should renew their memberships 12 months from the day you come in to renew..."
Should be a good plan, then if you go in 1 or 2 months early to renew...oh, wait, not a good deal for you. :)
Did you ask if you could just start over with a new membership or were you wanting to just continue your current membership?

The answer to that could explain why they renewed as they did.

If still unhappy, cancel your membership.